Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, July 21, 2006

Bring on the Jackpot

Today was a fairly low-key one. I tried to go back to sleep many-a-time this morning but I didn't catch very many extra winks. Of course I was up late as usual; not completely my doing - Cooper was up 2 or 3 times before I went to bed. So if I had gone to bed earlier I would have been up anyway!

So of course the first thing I do when I get up is head for the computer, check email and read blogs. Much to my surprise and delight I was the header of one of Beth's Blog entries today. Plus I had sent out one of those 'meme' questionnaires that I received by email. The kind that you receive over and over and send to your same circle of friends and have memorized the information but you send them anyway because you've been "tagged"... well I have a new group of friends, all my internetland friends so it was a bunch of new information to get back this time and it was fun. Beth posted hers on her blog, again with reference to me, and I had a few good chuckles. I feel like such a celebrity...whee! By the way, Beth's blog is chock full of adventures, family and food...lots of great meal ideas and recipes...check it out some time!

We had a thunderstorm this afternoon. I went downtown and did some banking then stopped by my office for a visit and to pay my lottery dues. I was "in arrears" in our office lottery pool. I'm the one that used to run it and send out little reminder notes for people to pay, and here I was, a few weeks behind. God forbid we ever won the jackpot and I wasn't up to date with my payments. I think I'd just roll over and die. So now that I'm all caught up, bring on the jackpot!

I had a visit with my coworkers for a while then I went to the video store and rented five movies! Titles are Doogal, Hoodwinked, Firewall, Edison Force, and Rumor Has It. Carter watched Doogal twice already and Hoodwinked made a couple rounds with Carter dashing in and out.

We had spaghetti for supper; I had frozen some leftover sauce last time so it was just a matter of boiling the pasta. Easy squeezy. Chris's Grandpa stopped by for a while to bring over a motorcycle for Carter. Cool! This thing has been in the family for about 15 years and it is so cool! Chris's Aunt Wendy sent it down with her son Tyler who is in town visiting for the summer. It looks like a real motorcycle, and it's one of those ride-on toys that runs on battery. It has training wheels and I think Carter is going to have a blast. Gotta find that helmet! I should have taken a picture when Carter sat on it, but I had Cooper with me and didn't think to grab the camera. But I'm sure there will be many many photo opportunities with this way-cool new-to-us toy. I'll pretty much bet that I'll have a picture of him on it on my next blog entry!

Chris went over to his buddy's house tonight to play video games, maybe watch movies and definitely drink beer. I was a "nice wife" and stopped by the beer store for him today. I find beer quite loathsome, so it wouldn't be for me even if I weren't still breastfeeding. Cooper and Carter both went to bed relatively early so I've been on the computer fiddling around with the template on my blog. If your speakers are on, I hope the music didn't startle you. And I added a clock (mostly for Helen) to show what time it is here.

I'm now just having a chat with Angie. That's when I realized the time and with the length of time it takes me to do a blog entry, I had better sign on to create this new post so that it gets in before midnight. I never usually finish typing, inserting pictures and editing before midnight but at least the post time/date reflects the correct day's activities.

On a sad note, I called Mom today to ask how baby bird was doing. Unfortunately he didn't survive. He was just too darn tiny. I was so sad. So was Mom. She had tried feeding him some more; he had eaten some of the wormy mush she made him but he just was too weak. Amazing how life is so fragile, isn't it? Especially when you're holding it in the palm of your hand. Make the most of every day...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I honestly thought that I'd posted some sort of response. .. oops.

I'm very sad to hear about the baby bird. Talk about a tiny little wonder.

You've got such a great way with words. . . and pictures. . .and, well, everything!!!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 4:12:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

You are such a guru! Love the music and new flash B/W photos! A clock for me aaaawwwww - and I was just getting used to taking three hours off and making it the day before! I have copied putting my blogspot address below MSN name - take it as a compliment - I love all your ideas.

I agree with Angie - for why would we all keep coming back for more - we love your work!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 9:51:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home