Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Get Your Feet Outta My Stew

This morning Chris had an appointment to go for a tattoo. Yes, I'm serious. And it's a biggie! Here is the picture of it...


I was possibly going to go golfing this afternoon with Cindy and my cousin Christine, but I didn't get a hold of Cindy to say I could make it so instead I went SHOPPING! I bought a new bathing suit, a pair of pants, a tank top and a really pretty shirt to wear to Christine's baby's baptism on Sunday. Yay me!

I came home and Mom was calling to see if we wanted to go there for supper. So we packed up the kids and went to pick up dinner rolls for supper. I also had to renew my license plate stickers since my b-day was at the beginning of the month and though the stickers say July 2006 on them, they are expired on my birthday. So I've been driving 'illegally' for a couple weeks. So that took a while but I got it done.

Then we were about to leave town and Mom called for milk. We were right by Safeway so we did a quick stop. I carried 2 half-gallons of milk, a gallon of ice cream and quickly grabbed a watermelon and carried it all to the express lane. So there I am holding a TON of stuff and the woman in front of me was buying a pack of gum. I know she saw me but she stood in front of the conveyor belt, unaware I was benchpressing a ton of groceries. Because I know she saw me, I didn't say "Excuse me" as I normally would have. I am usually soooooo polite but I was just annoyed she didn't let me through! I stood and powerlifted my groceries and chatted with someone else in line. Finally I got to set down my stuff. I guess that trying to burn a hole into the back of her head with my eyeballs didn't work so I kind of weaseled my way in and excused myself and put it down. Once it was bagged I couldn't believe I had carried all of it!

We finally went out to Mom & Dad's. Cindy & Christine had just returned from golf. Mom was saying something about a baby bird they found. I was picturing this little chickadee type of bird that had maybe hit the window or something. Nooooooooo. You are going to flip when you see this picture. This is amazing. I guess they found this little bird that fell out of its nest out at Cindy's house and brought it to Mom & Dad's. Apparently it's a "fly catcher" bird. I Googled it and it sort of looks like it but it's such a tiny thing it's hard to tell! Marsha said it looks like a crumpled up yellow condom with hair stuck on it. She kills me. It's so amazing he's surviving. (I asked who was chewing up worms and spitting them into its mouth...) My mom has been mushing up worms and feeding him/her with tweezers! Anyway, without further ado, here is the cute little fella...(I put a penny beside him to give you an idea of the size of this cute little birdie!)


We had an awesome supper. Mom made beef stew and I had brought fresh partly-cooked rolls that you finish off in the oven. AWESOME. Carter ate quite a bit and I even fed some to Cooper. He was just as interested in sticking his feet in it, and Dad laughed when I told Cooper to get his feet out of my stew. Dad and Chris took Paige and Carter for a boat ride to town to get ice cream treats. Carter is usually freaked out but he did pretty well. Takes a few moments to get him used to it. I took a couple pictures of the babies playing on the floor again...and of Carter playing in the storage box on the deck.


We came home and I fed Cooper some cereal. He was still WIDE awake for quite a while. Carter watched a movie in his room for a while and fell asleep. He didn't really nap today so I'm hoping to work toward a better sleep schedule. Marsha called me earlier today and asked if I use Yahoo messenger. So we chatted for a bit this morning and she was online when I got home. We just finished chatting a little while ago. It's so great to catch up with her 'cause we haven't seen each other since her wedding in 2002. Almost four years. But she's the kind of friend that is easy to catch up wherever we left off. And she never ceases to make me fall off my chair laughing. She got to see both Carter and Cooper on the webcam, both of whom she has yet to meet in person. She and Ryan are coming to visit at the end of the summer. I can't wait to see them.

Well, I'm going to try to do as Kelly says and "try to have a nap before the sun comes up". Love it. Now it's the weekend and it's going to be a great one. The rest of the cousins, aunts and uncles arrive and Ethan's baptism is on Sunday. Will be great to have everyone here. Wish cousins Jason & Kelly could come too.

BY THE WAY, I LOVE blog comments. My main goal in blogging is to keep a record of daily events to share with my children and my friends and family. I love that there are people to witness my life on this planet. So go ahead and leave me a comment if you have a peeky-peeky at my blog so I know you're out there. But please note that I've had to switch on the comments moderation 'cause I've had about 30 unsolicited comments on my blog that lead to more unsolicited advertising for various CRAP. So if you would like to comment, I will post the comments as soon as I receive them. Thanks!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

on wordpress, so perhaps here on blogger.com there is an option to automatically approve comments frompeople who have left three or more comments... that way my tried and true "commenters" (or is it "commentees"?) can do so unhindered and unfettered....

Friday, July 21, 2006 6:27:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Needless to say, I had NO idea where the title of this fun entry came in. . .until halfway! What fun. . .BIG tattoos, and little birds!

You have a gift, my friend!

Friday, July 21, 2006 1:21:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please keep up the updates on the little bird. Would love to hear if your parents are successful with feeding it.

Friday, July 21, 2006 8:37:00 p.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Well as I mentioned in my layout. That the bird our friends found is being fed dog food soaked in water. That is what the vet told them to do. Your mom might want to try that then she won't have to go worm hunting. I tell you Niki was relieved to hear that she didn't need to find any more worms. LOL!

Friday, July 21, 2006 10:06:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is some tattoo!

Saturday, July 22, 2006 7:34:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home