Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Ever Wonder How They Make Holy Water?

Speaking of holy water, today was Ethan's baptism. Ethan is my cousin Christine's baby, who is nine days older than Cooper. I got up this morning and took Cooper to church. After church we went for breakfast at the P.I. with the parents, aunts and uncles, the usual drill.

After breakfast I was already dying for a nap but we had to get ready to go to the baptism. We all got changed and ready and went to the church. Again! My halo must really be shining now! heehee. The baptism was lovely. There was another family having a baptism at the same time; I have NO idea who they were. Didn't recognize a single one of them. And I've lived here FOREVER! Anyway, it went just great. It was kind of hot and muggy in the church, and unfortunately everyone scattered before we could arrange for a whole fam-damily picture.

We went home and I was sleeeeeeeeepy. Cooper had snoozed a little both times we were at church, so he was full of P&V and didn't want to nap. Chris even took Carter for a drive so I could try to nap with Cooper. After a while we fell asleep but it wasn't for long. Next thing I knew it was time to get ready for the baptism supper/party.

The party was at the Holiday Inn Express. All the kids were swimming so I had to be a cool mom and take Carter in the pool. Got to try out the new bathing suit at least. I really didn't want to get my hair wet, but with Carter splashing me and all the other kids in the pool the odds were against me!

It's been ages since Carter swam in a pool (aside from Kelly's place a couple weeks ago). He enjoyed having a lifejacket on but got all freaked out if I tried to let go of him so he could float. He had a blast jumping to me from the side of the pool. Getting him out of the pool was the hard part. He was maaaaaaaad at me. I managed to get him dried off and dressed and waited my turn to dry off and get dressed. My hair was toast of course. So since I live so close by, I burned home in the Jeep (took one minute to drive home) and blow-dried my hair, powdered my nose, re-deodorized and perfumed and was back at the party in under ten minutes. And I felt much better.

Supper was great - a buffet catered by a local restaurant. We all had a good visit and the kids played rather well then everyone started to disband again. We came home and got into some comfy clothes. Chris went over to Auntie Lurdes & Uncle Cliff's house to do some more visiting. After a while I walked over with the boys in the stroller. I timed the walk on my cell phone stopwatch...took us 14 minutes, 20 seconds to get there. (see, we live in a small town!)

There were six kids aged five and under there. It was fun chaos. We had a visit then came home. Chris had driven the Jeep there so we drove home together and left the stroller there. There was too much stuff in the back of the Jeep to bring it home so we'll pick it up tomorrow.

Cooper was asleep by the time we got home. Carter is probably still awake watching Lilo and Stitch 2 for the umpteenth time. Cooper just woke up and is snoozing on my shoulder as I finish typing this. It's now almost midnight and I'm going to fall into bed. Hopefully it's a nice day tomorrow so we can go to the beach. Below are a couple pictures from the day...oh and the answer to the title question? Boil the Hell out of it.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So much fun, your blog. Always enjoy learning fun tips - like making holy water. haha!

Love the pictures, too.

Monday, July 24, 2006 4:48:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home