Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Kick-Ass Lightshow

This is gonna be short...

Watched an awesome thunder storm on the horizon tonight...we have no south view from in the house so Chris went outside and took a couple short videos on the camera to try to capture some of the wicked lightning. I took Carter outside to see it too. The storm was far enough away so that we couldn't hear the thunder. It's now after midnight and the storm must have mostly gone around us. It only rained a few drops here, and we could really use it! Heard a couple big boomers and that was it. (So far.)

Today was a relaxing day. We just hung out at home. I didn't even go to church. Cooper was up A LOT last night. So I napped every chance I got today. We spent a little time outside but it was pretty darned hot and muggy.

Yesterday Chris went fishing with the boys from work at Avery Lake. He'd been anxious to get out fishing the whole time he was on holidays and this was the first time. We were invited to Cindy's for supper so I took Carter and Cooper there. Pete and Claudine and the kids were there too, and his parents came for supper too. Supper was an enormous feast as usual, and gooooooood. Massive steaks (I believe it was beef this time!) roasted potatoes, crab legs, huge butterfly shrimp, salads, and a gorgeous strawberry margarita cheesecake for dessert. I was stuffed.

Carter had fun playing with all the kids in the pool a couple times. On our way home we stopped for ice cream. Chris was at Greg's for a while in the evening and he came home and ate the plate of food I made for him. (I helped...don't ask me how because I certainly ate enough at supper!) They also sent me home with some of those herculean steaks that we made into steak sandwiches for both lunch and supper today!

Tomorrow Chris goes back to work (waaaaaa). The weather is supposed to stay nice, and Roberta and Derek and the kids are back in town so hopefully we'll get together with them while they're here for the week. It's gonna be a rough day without Chris around...Carter will ask where he is every five minutes I'm sure. I'll leave you with a video of tonight's light show...seems every time the camera got clicked on, the lightning would stop...but Chris caught one real gooder on here...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooh. . . ahhhhhhh . . . . ooh. . . . ahhhhhhh. . . .

Sunday, July 30, 2006 11:45:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

99 luftballons??? What kind of rain music is that???????

Monday, July 31, 2006 12:41:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home