Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Just the Weekend Left Now...

Well, that was Friday...we're into the last weekend of Chris's holidays. Auntie Nancy, Christine and Keith and the kids left this morning to drive back to Brampton. I don't envy that drive with two little kiddies! I sure hope we don't have to wait ages to have a visit with them again. Today Chris went and had coffee with the guys at work then started making plans to go fishing tomorrow.

I ran a couple errands then after the boys woke up from their naps, we went out to Mom & Dad's for supper. We had hamburgers, fresh corn on the cob, and potato salad. Mom puréed some carrots for Cooper, and he had a little, then she decided to let him go at it himself. There were carrots everywhere. I would love to post a picture, but I forgot my camera! We took a couple pictures with Dad's camera so I'll blog them next time he brings his picture card over. Mom bathed him in the kitchen sink and I got him into some new clothes.

After supper we had a visit and then we watched "Nanny McPhee". Excellent movie for everyone. We had a couple brief intermissions...one for Cooper. He was sleeping so peacefully in his bouncy seat then I noticed he was wide awake and just looking around. Then I started to smell something. I didn't want to ask if anyone was letting a couple go...I started to think it was me for a minute; that it might be "bambi gas" from the supper I had last night. Then I decided to check Cooper. That explained it. His diaper overfloweth. Mom came to the rescue and helped me peel his poopy clothes off. She bathed him again (in the bathroom sink this time!) and again I re-diapered and clothed him.

We resumed and enjoyed the rest of the movie then headed home. Both boys were asleep when we arrived. Chris put Carter to bed, and I put Cooper to bed. I headed for the computer (duh...of course) and Chris was watching some sort of vampire show. I'm working on a couple projects. Carter appeared for a visit and a snack, then fell asleep on the couch. He had booted Chris off the couch and I turned around to find them both sleeping, though Chris was on the floor!

I just carried Carter to bed again (after midnight) and Chris is awake and again watching the vampire show. Now we have to make the most of every remaining moment of this weekend 'cause it's gonna suck bad when Chris goes back to work on Monday. Not just for him because he's the one that has to go to work, but for the three of us too 'cause we'll miss having him around all the time! Carter has gotten so used to having Chris home that he won't let me do anything for him! Now I'm ready to hit the hay myself...good night!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Oh we are the same! Always so sad :( when Daddy has to go back to work! Well it seems like you have enjoyed your time doing lots of ace family things together! I have so enjoyed sharing the summer with your family!

Saturday, July 29, 2006 1:18:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. . . . love the blog entry tonight. Hope you enjoyed the "sucky" movie. . .get it? Vampires suck? ha ha ha. . .

Well, it sounded funny in my head!

Saturday, July 29, 2006 12:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home