Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Road Trip!

Ok. So I didn't blog yesterday. I got lazy. Chris went fishing after work. The boys and I just hung out for the day. After supper we went to visit Roberta and Derek and Mallary and Graeme at Auntie Lurdes and Uncle Cliff's house since they were leaving for Calgary today. There was a WICKED thunderstorm scheduled to arrive any second. (You were right, Roberta; it was IMMINENT! haha!) So I took off with the boys to come home. We worried about hail so I moved Chris's boat motor out of the way in the garage along with a bunch of other obstacles and pulled the Jeep in the garage. I got both boys in the house then it got a little dark and nasty for a while. The power even flickered once but stayed on.

Good thing it did, 'cause we had our first CT chat with the gals from Butternug Squash Designs! We scheduled this chat to talk about the exciting upcoming changes at Christy's site. We tried to get on the chat room right at the BSD site, but unfortunately it didn't work so everyone was madly downloading Yahoo messenger. I already had it so I added everyone to the contact list. There were two of us who couldn't connect to the group. Turns out since we already had YIM, we didn't have the most recent version. After all that finagling, we had about 5 or 6 of us on there at any given time. Then it was time for bed for some of the gals. But a few of us stayed on and had some more funnnnnnnnnn. We did discuss the CT stuff a bit, but it was more fun than 'work' for sure. We're going to do it again soon.

I went to bed pretty late. Cooper was up a couple times. Chris rolled in sometime after that. I got up this morning at about quarter to nine. Oops. Couldn't get ready for church on time so I bailed on that idea. But Chris's cousin Robin and his wife Denise were in town this weekend from Thunder Bay for a baptism, so we'd been planning to get together with them. When I tracked them down they were in Ignace at Robin's parents' house, not still in Dryden. So I got the idea to go to Ignace for lunch.

Yay! Road trip! Let me tell you, Ignace is not very far away, so it wasn't a hyuge road trip but I was excited anyway. Especially since Chris was kind of "under the weather" and he let me drive for once. We used to share all the highway driving but he's become a 'road hog'. So it was my turn to get the ol' lead foot out. Nice. We made it just in time for our arranged meeting time and had a great visit. Robin & Denise treated us to lunch (very sweet you two, thanks again!!!) Carter was a bit of a monkey wanting to run around then Robin bought a pack of Smarties and Carter was an angel for at least 10 minutes! (If there are any non-Canadians reading this, Smarties are a candy-coated chocolate candy similar to M&Ms but wayyyyyy better at least in my opinion.) After lunch, we headed back to Dryden and Chris hit the pillow for a couple hours. Both Carter and Cooper had napped on the trip so there was no nap to be had for me.

Supper was a raid-the-fridge thing today. All I had was some of those frozen lemonade thingies and now I'm dying for some more onion rings. I had them for lunch today with my chicken burger and I'm hooked. I've been working on a scrapbook page for hours now between playing with the boys, finding something for them to eat, and having a marathon chat session with Angie and some of the other BSD girls and finally doing a blog entry.

For some reason I'm not feeling sleepy like I was this afternoon...second wind I guess so now I can get this blog done and finish my scrapbook page. I will now leave you with one I did for the Sketch Challenge at BSD. First here is the sketch and then the layout I did with the sketch. For all you scrappers out there, head over to Butternug Squash Designs and join the contest...prizes...there will be prizes!

 

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great sketch for such a cutie! Bubbles of Cooper! And I will try out the sketch challenge for sure...and who knows I might even blog and let you know what we have been doing...lots...

Monday, August 07, 2006 7:33:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely entry . . . sorry to have created a "stir" on the previous entry, so that you couldn't delete it.

No, I'm not!

It was such fun talking, IMing, and watching you all yesterday. Your kids crack me up. Your husband has the handsomest feet in all of Canada. . .and as usual, I had a blast talking to my friend!

Who cares if my husband thinks you're a bad influence on me!

Monday, August 07, 2006 7:35:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home