Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Yesterday - Meatloaf...Today - Bingo!

First of all, a Big Happy Birthday to my friend Diane. I tried to call today, but I had to leave a message. Hopefully she's off having a fun birthday somewhere.

Next, I was ever so kindly reminded by my friend Angie that I didn't blog yesterday, so I figured I'd better get a move-on! Though I must mention that if I weren't chatting online with Miss Angie until the wee hours last night, that I might have blogged. Ahem.

Yesterday was generally uneventful until Chris came home and I cooked supper. I made a yummy meatloaf and rice and veggies. Carter ate his weight in meatloaf; I was suitably impressed, since he usually eats like a chickadee. Cooper ate some veggies - those tiny little cubes of carrots and potatoes, and the peas were perfect for his little fingies to pick up.

After supper we hung out and watched TV. I did a new scrapbook layout for Angie - I had a picture of her daughter Caroline that she had sent me and when I put a filter on the picture, it so perfectly matched the kit I downloaded. Here it is...Credits: Everything is from Miss Mint's Honeydew Lemon kit except for the chipped paint alpha I made from the font Aurora. The other font is called James Fajardo.


I also did a layout for Amy - she posted a thread at Digishoptalk asking if someone would be willing to do a page with her baby picture. So she emailed me the picture and I did this layout...
Credits: Almost everything is from Butternug Squash Designs...
Floral paper and ribbon from Conservatory 5: The Pinks
Pink Leather Paper from Ethereal
Chipped paint alpha, photo corners (recoloured) and flower from Antique Butterfly
Stitches are from Atomic Cupcake, Daisy chain (recoloured) is from Tabby Lewis’ field of gold kit.


And Beth has been feeling under the weather and has been very absent in the blogging world. I've been wondering if she's been deported or something! So I did a layout for her too in hopes of lifting her spirits a little. It may have; she has it on her blog! Credits: Andrea Burns sampler for the most part. Pink diamond from Mrs. Schmuck's jeweled petals. "Special Days" overlay by Spaceraven.



So today was an average ordinary day. My two boys continue to amaze me with how much they grow and learn. Over the past couple weeks Cooper has learned to clap his hands (with his hands open instead of in fists). Carter is becoming more fluent all the time and blows my mind with the stuff he comes up with. The alphabet is already second nature to him, as well as all the numbers to at least 10 visually - counting to 20 if he's not being goofy. And he still remembers the names of all the planets after I only taught him a few times. Fun!

This afternoon my Mom called to ask if the two of us were going to go to Bingo. The last time I went was with Kelly a couple months ago and we won pretty bigtime. But that time Mom took Cooper and I just left Carter with Chris. So this time, since Chris figured he owes me a night out for all the fishing trips he's gone on, that I could leave both boys with him and go to Bingo. So I called him at work to ask him what his plans were for the evening...then I sprung the Bingo idea on him. He sounded a little tentative about it, but agreed.

I had everything ready for him for Cooper when he came home. Both boys were napping when he got home, but of course Cooper got up before I left. I topped him up with some milk. He was in a good mood playing on the floor. After Chris showered and got hotdogs ready for Carter and himself, I exited stage left, making sure I said bye to Cooper.

I stopped for cash and gas, then met up with Mom at the corner of her road and the highway to Bingo. (sounds like a song...Highway to Bingo) We got there good and early and proceeded to pig out on the best hotdogs in the world. And chips and pop. Mmmm. I managed to win a bingo game...the intermission game. I won seventy-nine dollars. Woohoo! Mom and I were both close a few other times but neither of us won anything else. I dropped her off at her car and zoomed home. While I was at Bingo, I was as much hoping that everything was okay for Chris as I was hoping to win.

I got home and it turns out everything was fine. Everyone had supper and an appropriate amount of sleep etc. So, it looks like this might just become a regular event. When I thanked Chris, I think I even heard him utter "Any time." If only he knew the gravity of those two words... muuuhuuuhaaahaaahaa. So I fed Cooper when I got home and he drifted into a sweet little dreamy sleep. Carter fell asleep on the couch and Chris carried him to bed and went to bed too.

So now I have the computer to myself with no distractions and got my blog done at last. (Well, not NO distractions...after all, I'm chatting with Angie again...heehee) That's it for now!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cooksalot said...

Well sounds like you've been busy. Love those layouts you did. They look great!

Thursday, August 10, 2006 4:35:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO I did get the credits wrong? let me know.... and maybe we'll have meatloaf too... and does this mean (re:your big win) that you will treat at starbucks... do they have starbucks in dryden?

Thursday, August 10, 2006 7:36:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home