Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Civic Holiday Long Weekend

Drool away, my south-of-the-border friends, today was a holiday! It's called a "Civic Holiday" and is always the first Monday in August. A bonus long weekend in the summertime!

Chris played outside with Carter for quite a while today until Carter was soaking wet - it was a beeyooteeful day today. I tried to nap with Cooper but that isn't always a sure thing.

Mom called to invite us for supper. That was a no-brainer. My not having to decide what to cook, AND Mom cooking? For sure. So we went out to Mom & Dad's in the mid to late afternoon and had a visit before supper. Carter played outside in a makeshift 'pool' mom made from a big rubbermaid container. That kept him busy for quite a while!

Mom invited the neighbours for supper whom I haven't met. The husband was working nights but the girl came with her cute little 18-month old son. We had a great supper and visit. I'd never met her before so it was good to finally meet her. We had roasted chicken, potatoes and veggies, and blueberry pie and ice cream for dessert.

After supper and after Tracy left, we watched the movie "Benchwarmers"...I laughed out loud many many times. They unfortunately used the despicable "R" word that many of my friends detest so, but it was a very funny movie with a pretty good concept.

Carter didn't nap today so he was getting a little wingy by the time we got the movie going. He fell asleep eventually, but Cooper was going strong. Even after the movie. Just before we left Mom had him giggling his little face off. When we came home he was still wide awake and I fed him some cereal in hopes of filling his belly for a full night's sleep. We'll see.

I'm just putting the finishing touches on a new scrapbook page that I'll probably post tomorrow and then I'm going to hit the hay.



3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Supper sounds yum-oh and then I think I might wrestle Cooper for his chair! Nice one Melany!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:39:00 a.m.  
Blogger Cooksalot said...

Looks like you got the blog saved ok. LOL! what is it with that blueberry pie? You know Angie them had one with dinner too? Quick someone send me a pie!

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 2:16:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

People are going to start thinking ODD things about the two of us - we both have blueberry pie - we both let our kids swim in rubbermaid. . . okay, really it was just the bluberry pie part.

Great blog - love the pics. But, it's now Wednesday, and you blogged this on Monday. .. it's time to get caught up, my friend!

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 8:23:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home