Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, August 11, 2006

Another Barbecue and Sixty-Four-Dollar Diapers

Ok. So yesterday I went to bed early and didn't blog. But I put the title up so I could insert the guts of it today and that didn't happen either. But I can't delete it again 'cause there are three comments on it! (Thanks ladies!)

So yesterday afternoon Cindy had a hair appointment so she brought the four kids over for a while. We watched movies. Carter went a little nutso as usual for the first while.

While they were here Dad stopped in then Mom came over later after her volunteer work at the hospital. I got to run to the grocery store for a few items for supper. I asked Mom to stay for supper and called Dad to come too. We had salad, barbecued chicken breasts, corn on the cob and oven-roasted hashbrowns with mushroom soup, onions, cheese and (hey Beth, I added sour cream this time!) We had ice cream for dessert and I had rented "The Shaggy Dog" and Dad rented "Inside Man". So instead of watching the fun family movie, we watched the long drawn out plot movie. I missed most of it bathing, feeding and putting the kids to bed. After Mom & Dad left I did some scrapbooking once everyone else went to sleep. I had a cool layout almost done and Photoshop decided to close itself. Nice. (Not.) I was also working on some cool Spiderman birthday invitations and lost them too. So I went to bed around 11:30. That was early! Good thing I did, because Cooper was up at 2:30. I nursed him back to sleep. He was up again at 3:30ish and just wanted to party. Would not go back to sleep at all. He wasn't overly fussy, just WIDE AWAKE until almost six o'clock. I may have dozed a little here and there but not much.

After Chris got up and went to work, I crawled back to bed with Cooper and thank God he went to sleep finally so I did too. But of course Carter had a full night's sleep and was up whispering in my ear "Mommy, get up - it's wake up time!" I gave him an apple and put on his TV show and got about twenty more minutes of sleep. Actually he raided the fridge himself and got the apple. I locked the fridge and did a onceover of the house to see what he could get into if I fell asleep. I don't think you can call it sleep when you sleep with one eye open.

We had a fun day doing puzzles and playing ball in the house and changing everyone's poopy diapers. I managed to recreate the scrapbook page I did, but I can't post it yet...it's for the first anniversary of Butternug Squash Designs! There will be a lot of new stuff the first week of September!

Mom and Dad went blueberry picking this afternoon - it's slim pickin' out there but they managed to get a couple pails. Just enough for Mom to make some pies and stuff. They stopped in after they were done and I ran to pick up some steaks for supper. I got home and Carter was still napping. Mom & Dad left and Chris came home soon after.

I had marinated the steaks when I got back from the grocery store. Instead of potatoes, I picked up some ready to cook onion rings. It said on the package you could do them on the barbecue. They were very bland and I didn't like them on the barbecue. I won't buy that kind again. The steaks were AWESOME and we also had corn and fried mushrooms. I was stuffed. We actually ate outside on our new-to-us patio table! It was beautiful out. We brought Cooper's high chair outside so he could join us at the table too. It was a nice meal outdoors.

After supper I cleaned up the dishes and stuff and ran the dishwasher. God I love that thing. I took Cooper to Wal-Mart since he was wearing his very last diaper and it would be requiring a change soon. Of course I can't go there and just buy one thing. I bought some cool 12x12 scrapbook frames, (so I have to get some of my stuff printed!) some more grocery stuff and some post-it notes. Yes, of course I needed them. Anyhoo, we left the store sixty-four dollars later.

We came home and Chris and Carter were still playing outside. The 'other' computer was still busy with the big windows security center scan I set it to do, so I came to use my neglected computer in the boys' room. I finally got to have a few words with Cooper's long-lost Godmother Kelly. She is pencilling us in for a visit on Monday. The woman is BUSY all over the country these days. Literally.

I fed Cooper some cereal and fruit and nursed him a little and when I set him in the crib to help Carter get his PJs on, he fell asleep. Now Carter is sleeping too, and I'm having a little chat with both Angie and her hubby - trying to help me with networking my computers. Wish me luck. Finally I'm caught up on the blog so I might just crash early tonight!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

snap a photo of your frames girl...i have looked at walmart and cannot even find square frames... i do gift layouts at 8 x 8... i would really like to find some///
otherwise... i cannot not get over how good the blog is looking

Sunday, August 13, 2006 8:50:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home