Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, August 21, 2006

The OPP

No, not the Ontario Provincial Police. OPP in my life means other people's poop. Or pee. Or both.

Carter has gotten into the groove of peeing in the toilet. And that rocks. But at nighttime he doesn't want to wear a pullup. Many mornings he wakes up dry and that makes my day. But many mornings he wakes up and I have to change the sheets. And he strips all his peepee clothes off and ditches them in my bedroom. I try not to make him feel upset or ashamed but man I hope he either learns quickly or I'm gonna lose my mind washing bedsheets and clothes. If you come over and it stinks like pee in here, don't tell me. I know.

I actually talked him into wearing a pullup tonight. Most of the time when I manage to get a pullup on him he takes it off and puts his jammies back on so I don't know until puddle time that he's done a quick change on me. So currently he's on the couch near me and the pullup is still on. Wish me luck.

Today was a relatively quick day. Dominic & Noah came over for a while while Cindy went for her orientation at the high school. Wow. She starts her new teaching job in under a week! Which reminds me I still have a job and that I'll be going back to it soon.

The fall fair is this weekend - something fun to look forward to. Chris's Dad brought over admission tickets for Chris and me, and a ticket to buy Carter a bracelet for the day to ride on all the rides he wants. I sure hope he wants to go on something! He'll either bail on all the rides or we won't be able to get him off them. We'll see. Hopefully we'll go with Cindy and her family and my nephews can take him on some rides. Maybe I can take Cooper on the merry-go-round or something. It's his first fair.

For supper we had corn on the cob. That's it. Just corn. And it was good. Chris got a whole bunch of it from his head office in Manitoba so he came home from work and cooked it up. Even Cooper chowed down on some. He is getting so dexterous that he can pick up anything and it goes straight for the mouth. Like yesterday when I found a NICKEL in his mouth. Chris and I both had a fit and couldn't believe it. I have no idea where he got it from. Scary stuff.

After supper Chris and Carter played outside. I took Cooper out too but it was pretty cool out so we didn't stay out long. Carter is getting pretty good at swinging a baseball bat and can hit a few pitches or hit the ball off a tee.

We spent the rest of the evening flossing corn out of our teeth and watching TV. I fed Cooper his bedtime cereal. He has been sleeping pretty well but the Ferberizing kind of went out the window pretty quickly. Last night it was 2:30 when he woke up. I nursed him back to sleep. Seems he's at least cut it back to getting up only once per night. That helps.

Carter just zonked on the couch so I'm going to scoop him up and put him to bed and I'm gonna go to sleep too. Dominic and Noah are coming to visit again tomorrow so I'll try to find us all some fun stuff to do.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

WOW cant believe I missed out on not keepig up with the Groveses!! Silly me! Big catch up time! Thanks for sharing Melany! Best wishes, Helen

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 1:11:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Helen. . I had wondered where you went!!!

Great blog, girlie. These things, pardon the pun, will pass. And, you'll look back on the day when you remember potty training with a smile.

The sleeping-through-the-night-stuff, too. I'm amazed at what we now take for granted with Edison being nearly 12 years old.

. . . of course, we're re-living many of the funner experiences with Caroline, but it's worth it all.

Love you. . .and your blog!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 12:36:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home