Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

My Little Prince (That's actually Pee-Rinse)

Yesterday...

In the morning, Diane stopped by to drop off some beans from her garden. Next at the door was a parcel from Vicky!!! Photoshop Elements 3.0...THANK YOU VICKY! YOU ROCK! And the card was absolutely beautiful! Next came Mavis - out for a walk with Sammy, but I was waiting on someone coming to look at the stroller so we didn't go.

At 11:00 someone came to look at the stroller and they bought it. Whew. Now I only have three strollers! (The el-cheapo-piece-of-crap-little-umbrella-stroller, the single jogging stroller that goes with our car seat, and the new double stroller).

I made an awesome stirfry for supper - I really winged it, so there is no recipe. I used some oriental noodles, a big bag of frozen shrimp, snow pea pods and a whole bunch of seasonings and stuff with consomme as a base for the sauce. I dumped in some soya sauce, oyster sauce and some miscellaneous seasonings.

There was a big storm, so I decided to shut down the computer. Of course I couldn't take it with no computer. I didn't know what to do with myself. I mean, I could have sorted laundry or dusted or cleaned the house, but no. The kids were gone to sleep. So when the storm kept on a-flashin' I cashed in my chips just after 9:30. Last I remember looking at the clock was 9:44. Chris came to bed at 2:00 and found that Carter had climbed in with me earlier and peed the bed. Dang it!

So instead of waking to a baby, I woke up to a puddle. Thankfully, Cooper slept through that ordeal. I picked up Carter and told him to go change his pants and go pee in his own bed. haha. Chris was completely disgruntled. (I imagine mostly because it was HIS side of the bed! heehee) Set his alarm and went to sleep on the couch. I changed the bed and got everything cleaned up and got him to get into our bed since I might not hear his alarm.

Everyone went back to sleep at 2:22 and Cooper didn't wake until 7ish. Woweee! At least I didn't hear a peep out of him! I nursed him and he went back to sleep again! So we all got up just after 9:00. Feeling fresh as a daisy! I even had a shower last night. Though I went to bed with a towel on my head so I looked like Medusa this morning.

The two previous nights I let Cooper cry himself back to sleep when he woke up. I about cried right along with him but the first night was ten minutes and the second was about five. Either it was just a freaky coincidence, Cooper's going thru a growth spurt, or that Ferber really knows what the heck he's (she's?) doing since he slept through the night last night!

Today...

So with all that sleep I was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed today. I had fun playing with the boys and doing some scrapbooking stuff. I did a new layout with one of the new kits Christy is releasing for the big September gala, and I created a couple layered templates that I might just offer as a freebie on the blog one of these days!

Dad brought over some more garage sale stuff and Mom came to visit before she went out for lunch today with her sisters. I deep-fried some shoestring fries and made gravy for supper. Not a meal fit for a king, but it worked. Carter had fun with it. It was a late supper too, and it almost didn't happen at all, but I was hungry and hadn't taken anything out of the freezer.

Silvia called me when she got home and I went to her house to help with their computer. I brought Cooper with me and she and he entertained each other while I checked out the computer situation. All is well, and now Silvia can upload pictures from her digital camera too!

I came home at 10:30 and put Cooper to bed and headed for the computer to catch up on emails and the blog. I really had to rack my brain to remember two days' worth of stuff! Now I can go put my brain to bed. Hopefully we'll have a rerun of last night except for the pee in my bed part.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it. . .it tells the story - and keeps you riveted until the end.

. . . of course, it's not as much fun without the music. But, I'll just hum something while I read.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home