Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

You Are The Sunshine In My Life

Ah. A glorious sunny sunshine of a day. In so many ways.

This morning Carter's former babysitter Mavis came to visit. She brought Sammy, another little boy that she babysat when she took care of Carter and still does sometimes. We had tea and a good visit while the boys played. Sammy is almost exactly a year older than Carter. Since we don't go play with many kids near Carter's age I always like to see him and how he interacts with other kids. He wasn't bad. A little territorial, but I think that's to be expected on his home turf, with his home-turf toys. There was no hitting, punching, kicking or yelling so it was wonderful.

In the early afternoon, Mom came over to visit. Dad stopped by with the first load of stuff for this weekend's garage sale. Mom and I took the boys for a walk in the new stroller. Works great! We walked to the lotto centre to cash in our meager winnings (a couple free tickets) and then to McDonald's for lunch. Carter barely touched his happy meal, but I on the other hand ate all my Big Mac meal, and one of Mom's two fajitas. Those are really good - I think I'll order those from now on. Cooper had a fry or two too.

We walked back home and sat outside in the warm summer breeze. It was wonderful. Carter played on the swingset and the climbing toy and Mom joined him. It was pretty priceless... Couldn't pass up that photo opportunity! You can click on each picture separately, or here for a slideshow. Carter sure has a cool Grandma. (That's My Mom!)




While Mom was still here, I grabbed Cooper and took him to my office to weigh him. Eighteen pounds, thirteen ounces. It's been a while since I last weighed him, so I was expecting him to be close to twenty pounds...Just over a pound away now. Pretty soon we'll have to switch car seats!
I came home and Mom left. I was going to cook fettucine alfredo for supper, but Chris felt like barbecuing hot dogs. Far be it from me to discourage my husband from cooking anything at any time, so that was supper!

After supper Chris's grandpa stopped by for a bit. After he left Chris took Carter outside to play. I brought Cooper out too and we had such a fun family time outside! We played catch, climbed on the climber, swung on the swings - it was sweet sweet fun. We need to do that more often. Carter is getting better at catching with his little baseball glove and hitting with the baseball bat. Needs to work on the throwing some more so he isn't destined to throw like his mother forever. (I'm so lame!) And Cooper loves his swing so much he's never complained once. I just have to go give him a push once in a while and he enjoys watching everything going on around him as he swings. I bet he'd stay in it all day if I let him.

I brought Cooper inside to change him and got him ready for bed. Chris and Carter came in too. I also prepped my 'other computer' for another chat with the girls from Christy's Creative Team. That was a hoot again. Lots of fun. There were seven or eight of us this time. Always good for a laugh, and some big plans were made for the anniversary of Butternug Squash Designs the first weekend of September! It's all very exciting.

So as I chatted Cooper was still up for quite a while. I managed to multi-task and entertained him while I typed the odd comment here and there as much as I could. He drifted off and Carter stayed up until about a half an hour ago. Yikes what a night owl that kid is. (It's now 12:15)...

Then after the CT chat, I got to catch up with Angie and Vicky and read my email. I got an email that Angie had made a blog entry so of course I went to read it. It was very sweet. Got me all misty and teary. It's amazing the friends we can have that we have never met face to face. I'm so glad I found Angie and that we talk every day. Who'da thunk it? Such a ray of sunshine, that Angie.

I'm also so happy and proud to be on Christy's Creative Team and to have met all the dynamic women on the team and on the forum. What a great, fun, warm and sweet and friendly bunch. Good times.

I'm very thankful for this sunny sunny sunshiny fun fun funny friendly family day.


.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, my dear, dear friend. . you know that i feel the same way too!

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 8:08:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, since there's not a new blog entry (ahem) I'll just comment AGAIN on this excellent one.

hahahahaha

Thursday, August 17, 2006 11:41:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home