Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Almost Sold the Whole Garage...Smooth Sale-ing!

I know, I haven't blogged since Friday. Thursday, really, since Friday was the Freebie day. But I can sum up the weekend fairly quickly.

Friday was spent getting ready for the garage sale. Dad came over after lunch and brought the rest of the stuff and when Mom came over after her lunch date I went out to help him. People started showing up shortly after that and we had boxes and boxes of stuff to put out still.

The sale technically started at four o'clock. Interesting how many people came for a Friday garage sale. That was a good idea starting Friday evening and continuing on Saturday morning. Throughout the evening I kept coming in the house and finding more stuff to sell. Some household items and baby stuff that I was ready to part with. And it seemed each time I brought something out, someone would buy it right away! We wrapped it up around eight o'clock and after I got the boys to bed I started looking for more garage sale fodder.

I sorted through a bunch of rubbermaid bins of baby clothes that are too small for Cooper now. I put all the name brand stuff (Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree, Please Mum, Oshkosh, Roots etc.) on hangers and priced it at five bucks per outfit. Other outfits were a dollar. Onesies were fifty cents, and brand-name onesies were a dollar. I stayed up super duper late doing all this. I even made an awesome poster stating the pricing and that all the clothes were washed and come from a smoke-free, pet-free home. Let me tell you it was worth the lack of sleep - it paid off very well when I sold over a hundred bucks worth of the stuff!

So Dad arrived shortly before seven on Saturday morning, along with some earlybird customers again. I set up all the baby clothes and other baby items. Both boys were still in bed - Chris was long gone to work already. I took the baby monitor outside and Cooper got up first. I bundled him in a blanket (quite a cool morning) and brought him outside. Carter woke up right away too so I got him dressed and outside. Cindy had brought over a big tub of toys to sell and that kept Carter quite occupied for quite awhile. Plus when kids would come to the sale, he'd to up to them and say "Wanna play with me?" It was very cute. He played very well with the other kids. He almost left with one family! I'm not sure if it's 'cause he liked playing with their kid, or if he was following the toys they bought!

I took the boys and did a Tim Horton's run at around nine o'clock. Tried to pick up a decaf coffee for Dad, but they were OUT of decaf coffee. Weird. Coffee shop runs out of coffee - could be a major headline. haha. I had my usual extra large French vanilla cappucino and picked up some donuts and Timbits and a regular coffee for dad and went back home. Things rolled along pretty steadily until about eleven-thirty. We started cleaning up a little and condensing things into boxes to take to the Salvation Army. We called a couple flea market places to see if they wanted any stuff and I got rid of a couple more items that way. We called it quits at noon and packed everything up and loaded up Dad's truck. It was a shame to see some of the stuff that didn't get bought, because once the Salvation Army passed it up, it was off to the garbage dump. Even a clothing dryer that works, a food processor, and a waffle iron. I guess if nobody buys the stuff for a buck or two, then no one wants it right? Mom had to leave so she wouldn't see what we were throwing out. Usually I'm the packrat that can't throw something out if it's still good, but I encouraged Dad to take it all away. Otherwise, it would sit in our basements and garages until the next sale where no one would want it all over again.

When Mom left, she took Carter with her. She took him for lunch then to her house. He played in the water, had a bath and snacks and even a nap. I napped a little with Cooper, then we went out to get Carter. We stayed and visited and had supper. Chris had gone fishing and was still out, so I decided to stop and visit Cindy "on the way home"...a slight detour to her place but on the way I saw her vehicle at Pete & Claudine's house so I stopped there. I had a tour of their phenomenally amazing house. I brought the boys home and called Chris to see if he wanted a ride home. Nope. They were just starting to have a fish fry. So I got us all settled in.

Chris called a couple hours later asking if we'd come pick him up. I reloaded the boys in the Jeep and we headed to Wabigoon. We picked up Chris and came back home. Everyone went to sleep right away except for me. Then Carter got up and wanted some chocolate milk. I got him some then he got some kind of crazy second wind and was up past twelve thirty. Crazy. Last time I remember looking at the clock was about twenty to one and he was still awake. Good thing he didn't wake up Cooper!

This morning I was up early enough to get ready for church, but I was too tired and lazy. Carter slept in due to his late night. I got ready and we eventually went to pick up Chris's truck. Then we met up with him at Wal-Mart and we picked up some essentials. Baby wipes, milk, baby food, baby cereal, drain cleaner, hair spray. Fifty-six bucks worth of stuff. As soon as I started reaching for stuff not on the list, we ran for the till. Otherwise it would have been our usual hundred buck trip. We went for lunch at McDonald's next. Cooper can really put away the French fries. He had two of them gone in no time.

After lunch we came home and hung out. We watched a cyuuute movie "Sky High" with Kurt Russell and Kelly Preston and that cute kid that played Jack's son on Will & Grace. After the movie we ALL took a nap. Heavenly! For a couple HOURS. Yummy delicious sleep!

For supper I made spaghetti and we just hung out for the evening. Kelly drove over on the new gas-powered stand-up scooter that she bought for Ben's birthday. It is so cool. We played outside with the kids for a bit and I took these way cool pictures of the boys. Chris was chucking Carter up in the air like in the pictures I took at Blue Lake a couple weeks ago. I'm pretty sure I caught him at the top height of the throw, as you will see in the pictures. Fun stuff. And Kelly had Cooper sitting on Carter's little trike and he looked pretty proud of himself.



All in all a pretty good weekend! Now it's "just" 11:30 and I'm tired even with that awesome nap I had today! Good night y'all!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"d"

Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:29:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

". . . .elightful entry!" I love it! Wish I could've been there to help corral kids!

Sunday, August 20, 2006 11:13:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . . and now music, too??! Oh my goodness!

Monday, August 21, 2006 9:31:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home