Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Four Boys and Me

Wow. Both my kids slept through the night last night. No need for Ferber. Cooper was up fairly early so I scooped him up and brought him to bed so I could recline while I nursed him. The little darling went back to sleep so I kept him right beside me. Around 8:30 Carter quietly arrived at my face and it was time to get up for all three of us. Good timing, since Dominic and Noah were scheduled to arrive at any moment!

Cindy dropped off the boys and we just hung out for most of the day. Cindy brought McBreakfast for everyone and left for the school. All four boys played awesomely together. Carter still goes kind of nutso when those two get here, but it wasn't too bad. Dominic was showing Carter some new games on the computer and as long as he had a turn once in a while, he didn't mind watching his big cousin running the show.

Mom stopped in after her hair appointment for a while. I made grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch that Dom & Noah gladly scarfed, but Carter didn't touch. He had eaten some popcorn and numerous Mr. Freezes so his appetite was scarce. After the boys left, Dad stopped by and Carter ate about a half of a half of his sandwich, but only after he saw me take some of it.

Chris came home from work and I cooked chicken breasts, baby potatoes, and french style green beans. Cooper loved the beans and a couple little shreds of chicken, then he enjoyed a good helping of blueberries. Carter had a few bites of chicken and potatoes but I'm pretty sure he craftily avoided the beans. After supper we tried to watch the movie "RV" but the PS2 stopped reading the disc. It was time for me to exit the room to go have our creative team chat on the other computer anyway. It was much easier to have the chat with both boys sleeping!

Carter didn't nap today so it will be interesting to see if he sleeps through the night from 7:30 this evening. Cooper got up during the chat but went back to sleep reasonably easily. The chat was fun as usual, and very productive. I'm very excited to get to do a template for the upcoming sketch challenge. Yay me! Guess what I've been doing instead of sleeping the rest of this evening?

Vicky has been up to her eyeballs with moving, so she unfortunately missed the chat, but we had a good catch-up talk on Yahoo. I'll be thinking of you Thursday morning, Vicky - best wishes with the big trip! I'm starting to like Yahoo IM better than MSN Messenger; I might switch over completely. We'll see. In the meantime, I have both running most of the time. One of these days I'll be able to catch up with my long-lost friend Angie too!

So that was the day. It's now after 1:00 - I'm outta here!

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

SO?

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 11:58:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

. . .lovely thoughts. . .and I have to tell you something. . . of course, you'll believe this. . .

THAT IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITES, TOO!

synchro, my friend, totally synchro!

. . .and if we must make the switch to yahoo, that's fine with me. To quote another of my faves from the 80s. . ."you know I won't hold you back now!"

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:10:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home