Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Aw Man, No Blog Post for 3 Days. Now I Have to Think!

Ok. The weekend. Here's how it went down.

On Friday, I managed to get an 'emergency' eyebrow appointment with Serena. When I don't book each time I go, things get a little hairy. Ok. A lot hairy. So I hopped out of the shower, put my hair in a wet ponytail, no makeup and went to see Serena. Crisis averted.

We came home and before I got my rear in gear and did my hair and face, Dad stopped by. I took advantage of his presence and quickly took off downtown to Wilson's...they were having a 'garage sale' on all their business and stationery supplies so I bought over four hundred dollars worth of stuff including 12x12 scrapbooking paper, ink-jet cartridges, cards and vellum, labels and a few other goodies all for the low low price of forty-seven bucks total.

I came back home to relieve Dad of his grandfatherly babysitting duties. Unbeknownst to Dad, Carter did his trick (2nd time doing this)...of emptying an ENTIRE roll of toilet paper into the toilet. Dad thought he was just going in there to pee. NOT. So I got home and busted Carter just as he was trying to flush it. So, for the SECOND time, I reached my hand in the toilet bowl and pulled out a big soaking wad of toilet paper, squeezed it out the best I could and disposed of it in the garbage. Crisis averted. Again. Scrubbed my hands like a surgeon, then carried on with my day.

Dad left and I finally did something with my hair and face. Chris came home after work and we got ready to take the boys to the fair. (Cooper's first fair.)

Our first order of business at the fair was to eat. We had M&M cheeseburgers and rib-on-a-bun. We brought the double stroller to transport the boys around the money sucking ecosystem that is the fall fair. I was really excited that Carter is a little bigger this year and that he would love to go on the rides. Nope. Not this year. He loved the slide again (pictures shown in the previous blogpost). I traversed those stairs with him five or six times then dragged him away screaming to try to interest him in something else. He loved the games where he could win prizes. Those are bloody expensive. We spent over a hundred bucks in just over three hours on one kid. I took Cooper on the merry-go-round. I think he'll probably like the rides next year. Carter was appeased briefly by some cotton candy. We came home by ten o'clock.

I ate a candy apple and some cotton candy when we got home. Mmmmmmmmm. I bought three candy apples and my own bag of cotton candy. On Saturday morning, I ate another candy apple. I figured it would be messy and difficult for Carter to eat anyway, so along with the candy apple I finished off my bag of cotton candy. Breakfast of champions!! Woohoo!

Chris got off work at noon (this is still Saturday I'm writing about!) and we just had a lazy afternoon. Everyone napped. Yum. That rocked. We had pizza for supper. It's been ages since we had pizza. I was pretty hungry since I hadn't eaten anything besides sugar all day. Carter had toast for breakfast and an apple and a few bites of a sandwich at least. So he nibbled the toppings off the pizza. I almost ate a whole medium pizza. I finished it off a couple hours later. It was a quiet evening as well and I crashed pretty early. Before midnight, anyway.

This morning Chris took off for fishing pretty early. I was only semi-conscious when he left. My final wake-up call was just before eight o'clock. We got up and I quickly got us all ready for church. Carter was a nasty little monster. I had him all dressed in his handsome shirt, gotchies and shorts and sandals. Turned around to dress Cooper and Carter undressed himself from the waist down. So I had to wrestle his gotchies and shorts and sandals on a second time and wrangle both boys (carried both of them and the diaper bag) out to the Jeep.

When we got to the church Carter was still in his mood, so I had to carry both him and Cooper in to the church. My parents were nowhere to be found, but I sat with my Aunt and two uncles. Carter didn't want to be put down, so Auntie Josie held Cooper for the entire mass, and I held Carter. Guy saved the day by having those pink spearmint candies in his pocket. Then Carter was a changed little man. Though he started goofing around a little. But by then mass was over. We left and stopped at 7/11 to phone Mom & Dad to give them heck for not going to church. haha. Mom had one of her nasty migraines this morning so their absence was understandable. She asked us to come out for tea and bring some Timbits with us. So we went to Tim Horton's then out to Mom & Dad's house.

It turned out to be a blazing, beautiful day. Carter was my Dad's shadow and followed him around the yard. I took a lot of pictures. So we had a great visit then came home. Both boys were asleep when we got home, and Chris had just gotten back from fishing and helped me carry them in. Lucky me; they both stayed asleep. I got to have a bath and get ready to go to Cindy's for supper. Mom & Dad were going there too.

Supper rocked. We had HOMEMADE Chinese food. Homemade eggrolls, chicken balls and chicken-fried rice. It was gooooooood. And dessert wasn't too shabby either. Fresh banana creme pie. Yum. I'm becoming more and more of a dessert person. I never make dessert around here but I sure enjoy it when we're out. Carter had a blast playing outside with water guns. Dominic and Noah are gone camping at Rushing River with their cousin and their Nana.

We came home and I remembered we were out of diapers. Oops! So I left Chris and Carter at home and went on a quest for diapers. It was just after eight-thirty when I went on this mission. Safeway = closed. Shopper's Drug Mart (whose sign says open until ten o'clock) = closed. Wal-Mart and Extra Foods = closed. I refused to go buy diapers at 7-11 or another convenience store, so I just came home. I have a couple diapers left and if those aren't enough to last us until morning (they will be) then Cooper can borrow a pull-up from Carter.

Mom is coming over tomorrow anyway to help me with the boys so I can get this joint cleaned up for company on Wednesday. Our first 'houseguests' since we've lived here. Marsha and Ryan will be arriving on Wednesday for two nights. I'm so glad I switched rooms with Carter. Our room looks liveable. I just have to decide what to do with all the buckets of clothing that haven't migrated into the closets yet. I'd like to shove all the junk and clothing into the basement and hermetically seal it for all eternity, but I do have to get down there to do laundry once in a while.

So that was our weekend. It was a good one. This week is going to be awesome. I can't wait to see my friend Marsha (and Ryan!) We haven't seen them since their wedding FOUR YEARS AGO. Wow. They just had their anniversary three days ago. I'm gonna hug her so much I'm gonna squish her.

Here are some more assorted pictures from the weekend...





















3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, this just makes me wish that we would have driven up for the day. (Or for the weekend!)

Good luck with the "stashing" of the laundry. It's a common occurence when we have company at our house.

Hee hee. Can't wait to see the pics!

Sunday, August 27, 2006 10:09:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Aw...you made up for it big time Melany - great blog! Nice music to while you wait!!! Great pics - gee Cooper has grown of late! Must be all that summer sun! Have a good one. Best wishes, Helen

Sunday, August 27, 2006 11:14:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it - love the pics. And the frog. . . ? Way too cute. Can't wait to see how you scrap that one.

Monday, August 28, 2006 4:22:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home