Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Fall Fair Parade

Well wasn't I just a little mover and shaker this morning? I think Cooper had me up for about 45 minutes last night. I can't really remember - I'm such a zombie when I get up in the middle of the night. It was around 4:00 anyway. So when we got up, I breakfasted the kids and got us all ready to go for a walk! Just before ten we took off. First stop was my office. Had to get a photocopy of my daycare receipts from last year. Seems Revenue Canada does periodic checks to make sure people aren't illegally claiming day care expenses. So they can have my $7000+ receipt. I don't know why they don't just require the receipts in the first place.

We attempted to get the fluoride varnish put on Carter's teeth but I had to hold him down. That's getting a lot harder now that he's getting so big and strong and it did NOT go over very well. I got smacked and kicked, but I think she managed to get the teeth covered during the ear piercing screams. Cooper was happy to be passed around to all the girls. We left with Carter still fit-pitching. He was Mr. Opposite. He didn't want to do anything. Didn't want the cup of water after the varnish. Didn't want to push the door-opening buttons like usual. That is UNTIL WE WERE BLOCKS AWAY FROM THE OFFICE. THEN he wanted the cup of water. THEN he wanted to push the button. He screeched about both items for quite a few blocks. I realized the stroller tires were kind of low so we headed for the tire shop to see Chris and get some air.

We took the pedestrian overpass (skywalk) over the train tracks and highway. The elevator mildly impressed Carter momentarily; long enough to chill him out for a few minutes. He even apologized for hitting me. On his own. Without my asking him to. After that he was a little better but I had to use reverse reverse upside-down and backwards psychology to get him to carry on. Somewhere along the way I realized that it's Thursday - Chris's day to go to Ignace for work. But we still needed air for the tires so we continued the trek. We got aired up and walked back through downtown. We got home and of course Carter didn't want to come inside the house.

We stayed outside for a while to play. When we finally came in the house I was soooooooooo tired. Mom stopped by for a visit and I had just managed to get Cooper to sleep. It was going to take a miracle to get Carter to nap. That's where Mom came in. I was falling asleep on the couch and she got Carter to go to sleep on the floor. I think I dozed ten or fifteen minutes before Cooper woke up. Dad popped in then Mom and Dad both left. I thought I might have a slim chance of getting Cooper to go back to sleep so I crawled into bed and nursed him to sleep. Yay me! I got to have a delicious nap for about an hour!

Chris came home from work and of course there was no supper prepared due to my tiredness and laziness. So we had McDonald's. I had their chicken fajitas; they're pretty good. Carter had nuggets and Chris had the Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. Right after we were finished supper we realized the Fall Fair parade was about to start. We live almost right on the parade route - we just have to walk out to the corner of our street. The Santa Claus parade goes by here too so we have great seats and don't need to worry about parking! We loaded up the boys in the double stroller and headed out to watch. There were the usual horses and tractors and Shriners in the parade and I took pictures of most of them with my trusty new camera.

After the parade I suggested taking a walk to go get some ice cream. Chris suggested taking a drive to get ice cream, and thinking back, his idea was wayyyyy better. So we did a DQ run and had ice cream cones. We drove by the fairgrounds and piqued Carter's interest. He definitely didn't want to wait until tomorrow to go. But we're going tomorrow evening. Rain or shine, I say.
We came home and watched the movie "RV" with Robin Williams. It didn't work well on the PS2 so we finished watching it on the computer and finally got to see the whole movie. It was pretty funny. Robin Williams and comedy still go well together. Carter JUST went to sleep and Cooper just got up. Those two events so often go hand in hand. I got Cooper to go back to sleep and now I'm off to bed. Not bad...it's only 12:36. I'll probably be up in a couple hours anyway.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wonderful entry today, my dear. I thoroughly enjoyed the music, too.

Friday, August 25, 2006 8:50:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home