Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Kipping Tones

Wow it was a gorgeous day today. This morning I was super-uper tired and didn't go to church. The kids got up around seven (including Chris) and I went back to bed for awhile.

I got up and prepared an oriental salad for Mom & Dad's dinner party this evening. I toasted the almonds and oriental noodles and made the dressing. I had it all set for Dad to pick up.

Chris played outside with Carter for a bit while I put on my face and did my hair. We planned to go to Aaron Park to visit Auntie Lurdes & Uncle Cliff and Auntie Josie & Uncle Bob.

We grabbed a snack from McDonald's and headed out. Aaron Park is a provincial park that is only about eight miles from town. I'm surprised more people don't go there; it's really nice. It's on a crystal clear lake and it's so close to everything yet has all of nature's amenities. Anyhoo, we had a great visit. Auntie Lurdes took Carter and me down to the water through a hiking trail. We skipped stones and found and collected some smooth rocks that were polished by the water. I made a scrapbook page of our little excursion...sometimes Carter calls it "kipping tones" like Dominic used to. Cyuuuuuuuuute!



Credits: Christy Sturm's Smooth Sailing kit. I made the silver buckle myself, and silverized the stitches (by Angela Sharrow) and the tag (by Ronna Penner).

We came home and vegged out the rest of the evening. I've been chatting with Angie and doing scrapbooking stuff. It's taking me awhile to catch up on posting my layouts and pictures so I can add them to the blog. I'm about ready to cave. But here are the rest of my recent scrapbook pages. All of these are new kits just released for Christy's anniversary sale-a-bration this weekend at Butternug Squash Designs...the credits for all these ones are at my gallery at BSD.







And here are the pictures from our fun day. You can click on each one separately below, or HERE for a slideshow...g'nite, I'm outta here.








2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

totally fun. tomorrow - when my head is clear (or later today?!?) I'll listen, too.

You're the best, Melany!

Monday, September 04, 2006 12:41:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

WOW!! I am speechless....it has been well worth the wait. Your work is amazing and inspiring - I love your style. Each page is so different and beautiful in its own right. But my fav would have to be "Just me" - love it. TFS Melly! You are the guru! Keep the great work up.

Monday, September 04, 2006 10:54:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home