Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Keeping Up With The OTHER Groveses!

Sleepy morning. Squeezed in a little nap. Chris came home from work and took Carter out to play for a while. He came in and napped while Cooper napped. Carter decided to make a loud noise and wake them up.

I sent Chris for a pedicure today. His feet get wrecked wearing workboots all the time. His heels are usually ragged. If I get an itchy foot or leg in bed I just reach over and scratch on his heels. But not now. His feet are almost as soft as Cooper's! Of course he won't admit how much he enjoyed it but I know he did. And his feet must feel just awesome.

He came home and shortly after his cousin Robin and his wife Denise came to visit. We had planned a barbecue for this evening. They were in town from Thunder Bay to visit his Grandpa so we made a date. Denise and I went shopping for supper. We went to M&M Meat Shop and picked up steaks and appetizers. Then we went to Extra Foods and loaded up on all kinds of goodies and gadgets. I'm such a gadget freak. They had tons of dollar bins outside in their garden section. Tons of kids' clothes too, but nothing in my boys' sizes, of course. I did get one cool pair of shorts for Carter, and a cute toy for Cooper, since he hasn't had a 'new' toy yet. We came home and marinated the steaks and prepared strawberries and dip for dessert. Carter of course commandeered the new toy, but Cooper was otherwise occupied in the jolly jumper anyway.

So supper consisted of some yummy marinated New York strip loin steaks, baked potatoes, pan-fried mushrooms, and french-style green beans. It was a real group effort. Denise helped me prepare stuff, Chris barbecued the steaks and Robin was practicing Dad stuff with Cooper for when they adopt their baby girl next year. I think he's going to do a fine job. And Denise will be a great Mommy too. We had a great visit and all sat around stuffed after supper. We watched the movie "RV" with Robin Williams.

I joined the chat over at DST a little after nine o'clock. It was hard to divide my attention between my company and the chat. I felt bad on both sides because I didn't want to be a bad hostess but I wanted to live up to my creative team duties! The chat was fun and hilarious. I sure hope we do it again soon.

After the movie Robin & Denise left. They had to drive back to Ignace tonight to take care of his parents' dogs. We had another great visit with them and I hope we keep this up. Now we have to try to get to Thunder Bay to visit them! It's just past eleven now, but I'm super tired. I'm going to try to get up in the morning and take the boys to church.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well. . . how was church?!

I've been online for nearly an hour, and there's no sign of you. I'm going to go download all my new FREE stuff from Christy - and start digi scrapping without you.

Great blog - sounds like a yummy dinner - AGAIN!

Sunday, September 03, 2006 1:51:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home