Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Labour Day and the Bitch is Back

First of all, Happy Birthday to my Cousin Marnie! Now on to the blog...

Labour Day - a day to NOT work. Love it! Last night once I finally finished blogging and resurfacing the graphics on the blog I finally headed for bed. On the way there I met up with my long-lost Aunt Flo. Yep, the bitch is back. Haven't seen her since February 2005. Oh well. Enough on THAT subject.

Chris was going to go fishing today but the plans didn't go through. We got up this morning and as we tried to figure out what we were going to do with our day, Mom called to invite us for supper. Shortly after, she changed it to lunch so I had to get my rear in gear.

I was gonna just go have a shower but one look at my 'grey highlights' sent me for the box of hair dye. Yikes. Every 3-4 weeks I gotta do it. So I coloured my hair and chatted on the phone with my long-lost friend Deidre while my colour was setting. We have NOT SPOKEN in almost FOUR MONTHS. I missed her like crazy! But we lost touch sometime around Carter's birthday and then summer came along and she went home to New Brunswick for about a month. So now we're no longer incommunicado and I hope we get together and SOON. Jeepers, we live in the same town! So now I got Seija back and Deidre back. Awesome. A month for great reunions. Marsha, Seija, Deidre, Chris's cousin Robin & Denise. Fantastic. Oh yeah. And Aunt Flo. Not fantastic. haha

So I hustled and got my hair done and had a glorious toasty shower. We went to Mom & Dad's for lunch. Cindy and the family were all there too. We had barbecued hamburgers à la Dad (mmmmmmmm) and a whole bunch of salads. Oriental salad, broccoli salad, lettuce salad, and potato salad. And there was a yummy cake for dessert. We visited awhile then Cindy & the fam left. Chris and I stayed and Dad's friend Scott came over with his daughter Sarah. She and Carter played for a bit then Cooper and Carter both ended up napping. I went in Mom's room and ZONKED. I had one of those drooly deeply unconscious sleeps. When I woke up I didn't know where I was.

Mom took both boys down to the lake when they got up. I got up and put away the lunch stuff and tried to tidy up Carter's scatterings in the living room. He always dissects the couch to make a 'fort'. We were too stuffed from lunch to eat supper and we headed home. We stopped to pick up milk and stopped at Dairy Queen for a couple cones. Carter opted for a Slurpee when I was at 7-11 picking up the milk.

We came home and I started going through buckets of kids' clothes again. I emptied four laundry baskets of stuff and sorted it. Stuff that is too small for Cooper, Stuff that is too small for Carter that I'm keeping for Cooper, Stuff that fits Cooper and Carter that has to go in the closet, stuff to give away, and some of my stuff that was mixed in like tea towels and facecloths and a few outfits.

Cooper was a little fussy but I think he was just super tired. He's asleep beside me in his crib. Carter is still awake watching "A Bug's Life" for the umpteenth time. Chris is in the living room watching "V for Vendetta". It looks like one of those odd comicbook-inspired things I'm not sure if I could get into. So I might just go to bed early...(eleven o'clock is early!)


2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

I just love reading a day in the life of Melany! It will be interesting to see when the weather changes how that will alter your days for you seem to have had a glorious summer with lots of fun outings!Enjoy the remainder of the sunny days!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:21:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Helen. . it will be very interesting to "know you" in the winter. I've only known you in the spring and summer! : )

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 10:18:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home