Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Weekends Just Aren't Long Enough

Crap. Where do I start when I don't blog for two days on a busy weekend?

Ok. So yesterday morning, (the frosty one) I was chatting with Kelly on MSN and she mentioned the charity garage sale downtown. It was a fundraiser for research for a little girl in town with Epidermolysis Bullosa. I told her I'd pick her up in twenty minutes and I hustled to put my face on and get the boys dressed. We made it in record time. Thank God I'm not as high maintenance as I used to be! I found some greeting cards. Carter had fun looking through all the stuff for toy cars, and actually found one. Cooper just enjoys being out to look at whatever scenery is around him.

We went off to look for other sales, and we drove by one of the pharmacies...they were having a garage sale too - a stock liquidation sort of thing. I got a bunch of cheap cosmetics. Since we were on a roll, we went looking for more sales. We attempted to go to Tim Horton's for a coffee, but the drive-thru lineup was wrapped around the building and we couldn't even get in the parking lot. That's when Carter's meltdown started because he got ticked off that we didn't go in. It would have taken FOREVER to get through there, so we turned around and headed for a couple more garage sales. After the initial freak-out, everything ticked Carter off, so it was a difficult time for awhile.

Our second attempt at Tim Horton's was more successful and only took about ten minutes total. Not bad. I dropped Kelly off at home and by then both boys were sleeping in the Jeep. I really didn't want to go home and wake them! Finally I drove home after cruising around for a bit, then I pulled in the driveway and shut off the Jeep and tried to sleep too! That didn't work. The cell phone started ringing and I had to get the boys in the house anyway.

Chris came home and we got ready to take Cooper for his 9-month portraits at Wal-Mart after brief naps by the boys. We were fortunate to not have to wait in line; the photographer was ready when we got there. So here are the portraits. We even managed to get a shot of the two boys together. It took many attempts to get them both to look in the same general direction while smiling. Most of the Cooper ones were easier to get. And here they are...



God I have beautiful children. I think even if I weren't their mother I'd still say they were gorgeous! heehee. So we did some shopping next and bought $144 diapers. (plus toilet paper, cleaning supplies, etc.) Yikes and then came home and hung out. Chris went fishing after supper, and Mom stopped by on her way to a concert. Carter had fallen asleep around five-ish and was still asleep when Chris got home about 9:30. So that either meant he was catching up on some sleep, or that he would be up all night. I predicted he would get up at eleven and want to party. Do I know my kids or what? Cooper went to sleep around 9:30. I went to bed about 11:30 and Carter was just getting his second wind. Chris stayed up with him until he went back to sleep. Chris said it was 2:30 when he put him back to bed. I have no idea how much anyone else slept except for Cooper. I tried to ferberize him just before 12:30 but it didn't work. A couple more wake-up calls then it was morning.

I got up and got Cooper and myself ready to go to church. Carter opted to stay home with Daddy. Church was nice. Kelly was there with her son Ben and once she saw Cooper she grabbed him and held him the whole time, which made it easier to actually listen to what was being said. After church, Kelly and Ben piled in the Jeep with us and we went for breakfast at the PI with my parents and Uncle Cliff.

After breakfast, I dropped off Kelly and Ben and we went home. My dad stopped by too, to help decide which part of the back yard fence would be best to remove to move Chris's Dad's camper that we bought from him into our yard. The whole fence is old and pretty much rotten, but it still serves its purpose of keeping Carter in the yard, so I was apprehensive about losing some of it for the camper.

There was only one feasible way for Uncle Cliff to back the camper in the yard for us, (it's 24') so it's in kind of a weird spot in the yard. Uncle Cliff did a great job backing it in. Unfortunately though, the fence pieces they took out couldn't go back in. And guess where Carter headed first? To the back lane because there was no fence to stop him. Hopefully we'll be able to replace the fence someday soon.

After the 'camper positioning party', I had a little nap with Cooper while Chris and Carter stayed outside. Mom called to invite us to have pork tenderloin for supper. So we headed out a bit early so I could pick up baby food at Wal-Mart. I picked up some juice drinks and milk, then headed for the baby department. I bought about a dozen little glass jars of baby veggies, and a bunch of little plastic fruit containers too. I was rushing since Chris was waiting in the Jeep with the boys. So when I turned the corner with the cart, a glass jar of mushy mushy baby carrots slid off the top of the cart and crashed to the floor, making an interesting sploosh of orange on the floor. The girl working in the department assured me it was okay and I continued on my way to the till. I could hear on the intercom "could we have a mop and pail brought to the baby department"...yep, that would be courtesy of yours truly.

We headed to Mom & Dad's and had a tremendous supper. Dad harvested the garden, and we had beet tops, green beans, baby new potatoes, pork tenderloin, glazed carrots, and for dessert, fresh fruit salad. I was stuffed. We visited awhile then all of us headed to Cindy's house for a visit. All the boys were still out hunting ducks, so we visited with Cindy and the girls.

We came home and Carter was sleeping. Chris tucked him in bed. Cooper woke up when we got home, so I fed him a little cereal and nursed him to sleep. Whew. That's the weekend in a big ol' nutshell. I can't believe it's Monday tomorrow already. These weeks are flying by.

3 Comments:

Blogger Joy said...

Melany, You do have beautiful children! I stumbled upon your blog in search of scrapbook pages, and have been reading ever since. Man you lead a busy life! My daughter will be 9 months on Thursday the 21st. You can check her out at http://babyhoody.blogspot.com/

By the way, I love your page layouts.
Joy

Monday, September 11, 2006 9:17:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl - you make me tired just reading your blog. And, I'm already in bed - snuggled in - and now I'm ready for SLEEP!

I just wish I could've been there to say "CLEAN UP on AISLE 5" out loud as you skidded the orange goo onto the floor!

Monday, September 11, 2006 10:06:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

LOL - good one angie!! Love the portraits Melany!! You do have good looking kids - even Katie here on my lap went "ooohhh" when Coopers photo came up!! LOL!!

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 8:58:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home