Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, September 08, 2006

Thank God It's Friday

I've been so darned tired. Hence the lack of bloggage yesterday...

Yesterday afternoon Mom stopped by after her lunch date with the girls. Cooper went to sleep and I started dozing on the couch. Mom was reading stories to Carter trying to get him to nap too. He came in and napped with me and Mom occupied Cooper because God forbid the two of them nap at the same time.

Mom hung out for a couple hours and I dozed in and out with Carter's feet periodically digging into my ribs. I got up and relieved Mom of her most-appreciated respite care. She went home and I got ready to go to Bingo with her and Kelly.

Kelly picked me up and we headed out to Bingo. Chris was in charge of the boys...and all went well. We picked up Mom on the way and had a fun evening as usual. Kelly won one Bingo and we always split so I got a little money back. We all were so close so many times. We dropped off Mom at her car and headed home. Cooper was asleep on the couch when I got home so I left him there and did some computing. He stayed asleep the whole time and I stayed up way later than I should have, but I really didn't want to disturb him. Finally around two I scooped him up and put him in his crib. I had a caffeinated pop at Bingo and was still not overly sleepy, but I think I was just approaching loss of consciousness when Cooper woke up a half hour later. Ugh. I sleepwalked into the boys' room and brought Cooper to bed. I nursed him back to sleep but he was being all goofy and trying to reach for Chris and rolling around and playing. Eventually we went to sleep. Next wake-up call was quarter to five. I put him back in his own bed this time.

Final wake-up was seven-ish I think. I was still a little zombified. We got up and had breakfast. I switched Cooper to oat cereal since he's been having a little trouble in the poop department lately. Prunes and carrots got things going the other day really well for him. And I've been giving him more water.

We did puzzles and played hide-and-seek. Anything to keep me awake. I just remembered I actually did a load of laundry and it's still in the washer. Gotta go put it in the dryer before it gets all stinky. So much for my intention of hanging it all on the clothesline today.

Mom stopped by this afternoon after her lunch date with her sisters. We always have a nice visit and she is such an awesome help with the boys. She's magic with Carter when he's difficult and she can always get Cooper to eat more than I can get him to. Carter took a late nap and Cooper had a couple catnaps today.

Chris came home from work and 'cooked' after he had a shower. He brought us McDonald's takeout. It's amazing how Cooper can make french fries disappear! His supper was baby food chicken in a jar. Yikes. But he seems to like it. I gave him cereal before bed too.

Just a quiet evening at home. Chris played outside with Carter briefly. As soon as the sun starts to head for the horizon, it seems to freeze outside. This morning it was only a couple degrees above freezing. Tomorrow will be the same. Went all day without the air conditioner on and I put on some fuzzy socks because I was cold.

Now that Cooper is nine months old, I plan to take him for his nine-month portraits this weekend. Wish me luck with that. Well, it's earlier than my usual bedtime, but I'm gonna head'er.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Good luck with the portraits - cant wait until you scrap those!! Sounds as if the cold might be setting in up north - here there is a warmth coming in the air - isnt the world a wonderous thing! Best wishes - Helen

Saturday, September 09, 2006 4:08:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at what you can get done when I go to bed early!

Great blog. . .. as always!!!

Saturday, September 09, 2006 10:19:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home