Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Turkey Dinner at Mom's Tonight!

This morning I got up after a full night's sleep. Huh? What? Cooper slept through the night? Wow. So I got ready to go to church. Carter opted to stay home with Daddy, but Cooper is still young enough for me to boss around (haha) so I took him with me.

After church we went to breakfast at the P.I. with my parents and Guy and Marie. Mom had invited us for a turkey dinner but I still ate a hyuuuge breakfast. We came home and I took a delicious nap with Cooper for a couple hours I think.

Then it was Carter's turn for a nap after his lunch. We got ready and went to Mom and Dad's for supper. Mom set a ginormous table as she usually does, for us, my sister's family, the Urquharts and Auntie Lurdes and Uncle Cliff. Cooper really liked the mashed potatoes and the carrots. I ate two plates of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, vegetables, stuffing (which I don't normally eat), and salad; therefore I had no room for either the apple OR the blueberry pie.

We visited for awhile and I took these pictures before and after supper:



We came home and I went to sleep before eleven o'clock!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

darn i would have loved to go with...cannot get enough turkey...we do both thanksgivings in a big way

Monday, September 18, 2006 12:51:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I am with Beth - I LOOOOOOOOVE me some turkey with all the trimmings. I'm just appalled that you didn't have room for pie. You did bring some home, right?

Monday, September 18, 2006 2:58:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Doggie bag for Angie!! A full nights sleep - yes sir-ee - alleluia - I would go to church to give thanks for that!

Monday, September 18, 2006 11:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home