Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, September 16, 2006

My Not a Pie; My a Big Boy

Yikes I'm being a bad little blogger. If I don't do this every day, I get lazier and lazier...

Yesterday was an ordinary day. Chris went to work as usual. Cooper had me up at 4:30 again but I think we went back to bed by 5:00 this time. Something like that.

Carter was playing with his trucks in the kitchen and while riding on one of them, must have tipped over or run over his toe or both. Big crocodile tears, anyway. So I ran to see what the matter was. I gave him a big hug and asked where he needed a kiss. So I had to kiss his chin and his foot. I told him, "It's okay sweety-pie." as I hugged him. His sobful reply was, "My not a pie; my a big boy." I tried not to laugh at him in his moment of hurt, but it was so cute I did a quiet little snicker.

Chris came home and WE COOKED SUPPER TOGETHER. OMG. Huh? I took some deer sausage out of the freezer that we got from Cindy's family. I boiled it for a bit then gave it to Chris to barbecue while I panfried some hash browns and nuked some peaches'n'cream corn. It was an awesome supper. Not just because it was good food, but because it was a team effort. I was thrilled. And stuffed.

After supper we quickly got ready and went to Cindy's to visit. My parents were there too. I tried some partridge soup and it was awesome. We had a great visit. I got Cindy to take a picture of the four of us so I can get my butt in gear and do some photo Christmas cards. So, while I don't want to share THAT picture just yet, here is a picture of Cindy & me instead.

We came home and Cooper was asleep so I put him to bed. Carter followed shortly after. I actually went to bed at about 11:00. And slept until about five o'clock! Wow. Chris worked until noon. Shortly after he came home Cooper went to sleep and I followed. That left Chris and Carter to hang out for awhile. When I woke up Chris and Carter were napping on the couch. I moved Carter to his bed.

While Carter napped, Cooper wriggled around the floor. He kind of does an army/judo crawl. Not quite up on his knees yet but he sure gets around. Oh and by the way, he drinks out of a bottle now! I mean he already has done it and I have already blogged it, but now I can rely on him to drink some milk. And cow's milk hasn't seemed to bother him as of yet, so yippee! Around the age Cooper is now, Carter kind of weaned himself from breastfeeding so we'll see what Cooper decides about it.

Now Carter is up and Chris is playing video games. I'm going to go get takeout for supper 'cause nothing in the freezer or fridge looks too appealing and hey, it's the weekend. Chris is going out to a friend's house tonight to watch some UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championships) so it will be just the boys and me around here. So I'm off to drive-thru for some burgers. Ciao for 'niao'.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cooksalot said...

HA! I beat Angie! Your going to have to start telling Carter he's your big boy now. heehee Before you know it you'll be telling Cooper that too. :D

Saturday, September 16, 2006 8:36:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

yeah, but she didn't beat me by very long!

Great blog. . love the picture of you and your sister. Can't wait to see the pics of you and the whole family.

Saturday, September 16, 2006 9:38:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great photo - I am with Angie - cant wait to see how you do it! TFS!

Monday, September 18, 2006 11:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home