Mellykat's Blog!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

No Longer the Only Cow in His Life

Last night I finally went to bed but still felt restless. Cooper was up at 4:31. I was about to ferberize him, when four minutes into the crying, Chris happened to wake up and hear him. Let me tell you that so many times Cooper has woken up crying and both Chris and Carter sleep through it.

But this particular time Chris woke up. And of course he couldn't deal with the crying so he went to pick him up. Now what he thought he could accomplish by that, I have no idea. I just knew that I now had to get up too and there was NO chance of Cooper's going back to sleep on his own. I tell you that kid is a master manipulator anyway! I tried to nurse him back to sleep. Nope. I tried to give him Orajel in case his tooth was bothering him. Nope. I eventually caved and gave him Tylenol. Nope.

We were up until well after Chris got up for work at six o'clock. Eventually we managed to fall asleep again until Carter got up at just past eight. One bright spot in all this was Carter's waking up dry. Yay! At least I didn't wake up to some urinated bedsheets and clothes. Though I still do have them from yesterday.

So needless to say I was a real zombie today. I didn't get dressed and put on my face. I didn't leave the house except to go outside to the mailbox. I did manage to get a very groovy nap this afternoon. Both boys slept. It was delicious. I also gave Cooper some real milk for the first time today. It seems to be interchangeable with my milk, but I don't think he's drinking enough from his sippy cup and he still won't take a bottle. We'll work on all that. As long as he doesn't have any kind of reaction from the milk.

I got up and started making supper. Chris came home around 5:30. We had spaghetti and Carter surprised me and ate more than usual. Cooper used his little pinchers and picked up quite a few little pieces of spaghetti and ate them. His 'real' supper was a jar of carrots tonight.

Chris and Carter played outside for awhile after supper. I worked on this scrapbooking page. I used Christy's "Linear Elegance" kit again. And I made the tied ribbon at the top, thanks to a cool tutorial at a scrapbooking web site!

After everyone went to sleep, I got all sneaky and created a new blog for Angie. She always says that her blog at Scrapbook.com isn't a "real blog" so I made her her very own "real blog". She even has her very first post up. I'm so proud! Now it's after midnight and I'm gonna be a vegetable when Cooper wakes up probably the second my head hits the pillow. So good night and I'll try to come up with something exciting for tomorrow's post!

4 Comments:

Blogger Cooksalot said...

MOOOO! OK that said lets move on.
I saw that awesome blog you made for Angie. It totally rocks!

Friday, September 15, 2006 1:44:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Sleep well my friend ..... it gets better.... by about the time they are teenagers....but then they keep you up for different reasons. LOL

Friday, September 15, 2006 2:19:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're right - you totally rock. So. . the next thing you need to teach me is how to make my comment link to my blog. . .my "real" blog.

heehee

Friday, September 15, 2006 12:05:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i should probably post something to my own blog as opposed to elaving comments all over north america... long time no see... hear whatever... HI MELANY!!!! yep angie's blog rocks...

Friday, September 15, 2006 9:26:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home