Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

So Not Fair

Now I'm finally filling in this post after I left the title hanging. It is so not fair that everyone gets a nap but me! Chris came home from work yesterday and I was soooooooo tired. I tried to get Carter to take a nap with me while Cooper was sleeping. Nope. He wasn't ready to nap yet. So I went to lie down anyway. Chris had gone up on the roof after work and tarred the edges of the stack to keep it from leaking in the winter. So when he came inside I tried to nap. Chris brought Carter in and we tried to have a family nap. ha! That might have been alright except guess who woke up!

Chris promptly fell asleep but Carter still wasn't ready to nap. So I was up partying with my two boys while Chris gallavanted all over dreamland. Eventually Carter went to crawl in with him and went to sleep. Cooper fell asleep in my arms at the computer some time later, but as soon as I tried to set him in his crib he woke again. Ugh.

We had munchies for supper then Chris took Carter for a ride to his shop to wash his truck. I got ready and took Cooper to Wal-Mart for eighty bucks' worth of necessities. Oh and some cookies and chocolate bars. hee. I stopped at the video store and grabbed the latest Lindsay Lohan movie, "Just My Luck". We got home and Chris and Carter were back so we watched the movie. It was quasi-cute. Not the ending I would have expected but it was an okay little chick flick.

I didn't even touch the computer all evening - and went to bed about eleven-thirty. I sort of woke up when Carter (who was still up when I went to bed) crawled in my bed. Chris must have still been up watching TV. I was having the BEST SLEEP EVER when Chris finally came to bed at 4:20, only to find that Carter had peed in MY BED! I carried Carter to his own bed and proceeded to do laundry. I washed my bedding, along with Carter's duvet that I planned on taking to the laundromat due to its size, but being so exhausted I just said screw it and stuffed it into the washer. Since I was STILL UP a half hour later, I put it in the dryer and rewashed my bedding along with some previously peed bedding from Carter's bed. Around six I think I might have gone back to bed, but as usual as soon as my head hit the pillow, Cooper was up. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! (So NOT fair!) I tried nursing him back to sleep, and eventually he did go back to sleep. We all got up at about eight but I was still toast. I fed and changed Cooper and asked Chris if I could go back to bed at nine o'clock.

At quarter to twelve, Chris came in to ask if I'd had a good nap. Wow did I ever. I feel much better. Now it's Sunday afternoon and I'm just enjoying lounging around in my houseclothes. Cooper's playing in his step & play piano and Chris and Carter just had a bath. Now if I could figure out what to make for supper I'd be all set.

Here is a scrapbook page I did yesterday when I wished I was sleeping! This picture of Cindy and me was taken a couple weeks ago, and I just bought this awesome kit called "Geometric Goodness" at Butternug Squash Designs.


4 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Needless to say, I'm breathless with anticipation over the title of the blog entry, and the beautious picture you've scrapped.

I told you this kit was the BOMB!!!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 7:54:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Stunning!!!!

Saturday, September 23, 2006 10:52:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's so not fair? I'm curiose now.

Saturday, September 23, 2006 11:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

A little sleep can take you a long way my friend!

Sunday, September 24, 2006 8:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home