Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

CHA-CHING!!!

Ahhhhhhh it's nice to get some back once in awhile. Mom and I went to Bingo tonight. Kelly had to work, so we went without her. (Sorry Kelly!) And I won a hundred bucks. Whew. Not a life-changing amount, but it pays for a few more trips to Bingo anyway!

Mom and I both needed one or two numbers many many times then in the second last game I won. I won on #39 on card #399. I came home and checked my lottery numbers, and on the ticket I had a #39. But I didn't win a darn thing. Oh well, I was still pleased with the Bingo winfall.

So today...hmmm. Nothing too exciting. Carter woke up dry again. It was a rough, tiring night. Dad stopped by to put in one more shelf in my kitchen which ROCKS. I have space to rearrange stuff now. Very exciting. Made grilled cheese sammitches for Chris and Carter before I left for Bingo.

Oh yeah, a funny thing happened on the way to Bingo! I stopped at the bank machine to take out cash. Stopped at Shopper's Drug Mart for a lottery ticket. They didn't have any of my Mom's favourite ice cream (Haagen-Dasz coffee flavour); I was thinking of bringing her some to surprise her. Since Safeway is quasi-kitty-corner from Shopper's Drug Mart, I stopped in there and picked up some ice cream. Then I started thinking, what about a spoon? I had forgotten my cell phone at home, so I couldn't call her to tell her to bring a spoon. Time was a little tight so I didn't want to run home to get one, and I could have bought a spoon at the grocery store but I probably would have had to buy a pack of spoons. (Gotta have a metal spoon!) I figured if she had to, she could use a plastic spoon from the Bingo concession, so I went ahead and bought the ice cream. I sort of imagined she'd have one in her purse for some reason, but gave up the thought.

So I met Mom at the corner of her road and picked her up. The very first thing I said to her was, "Do you have a spoon?" Her reply, "Yes I do". She said she thought the same exact scenario that I had when I got the ice cream, and she was in the car about to leave her house but she went back in for a spoon. Who the heck brings a spoon to Bingo? My Mom, in case her daughter just might happen to bring her ice cream. Blew my mind. Laughed all the way to Bingo. Then I won and laughed all the way home too! Good times.

Now I need to get my butt in gear and do a layout with Christy's new kit, "Spooky McBoo" coming out tomorrow at Butternug Squash Designs! I'll post the layout here when I'm done.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I just have one word. . .
"synchro" Baby!

Love it. Mmmmmmmm, ice cream sounds gooooooooood!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:05:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

It sounds like the beginning of a joke..."a funny thing happened on the way to bingo...". Yey for Mums who have everything plus the kitchen sink in their bag!!

Thursday, September 21, 2006 11:22:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home