Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bedhogs and Poopslicks

So yesterday I posted a new freebie. I made the alpha a few days ago but finally posted it. We had another poop dancing incident...well two actually...

Cooper was happily playing in his step'n'play piano when I smelled something. I picked him up and changed him, and the poop was very nearly escaping the diaper. I did cleanup detail on him and redressed him. Not a big deal. Both boys got in the tub and had a splashing good time.

Later, in the midst of a yummy little nap, Dad stopped by. If Cooper hadn't woken up I could have gone back to sleep in a jiffy but no big deal. I asked Super Dad to help with our bathroom taps. The hot water tap was leaking. He turned the house's main water tap off, then took the bathtub tap apart and discovered it needed a washer. He left to pick up a couple parts.

When Dad came back, I put Cooper in the piano again. Shortly after, I looked over at Cooper and he was really animated, dancing and zipping back and forth. Then I looked at his feet. Crap! (Literally!) This time the poop escaped and was down his leg and he was merrily mushing it between his toes. Aaaaaaaaaaack! What to do first? I picked him up and held him at arms' length. I carried him to the kitchen sink since Dad was working in the bathroom.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The water was still turned off! I couldn't even wash him in the kitchen. I sat him in the kitchen sink anyway. He seemed pretty happy to sit and play in there, and Dad was almost finished with the plumbing job. Once Dad turned the water main back on, I was able to wash him up and get him dressed again. Thanks to my awesome Dad, the taps don't leak anymore. My Dad, the super duper handy dandy man who can fix or build anything.

When Chris came home I ordered pizza for supper and went to pick up a movie and some baby food. I was instructed by my dear husband not to rent a chick flick; get a horror movie. I picked up the pizza and came home and we watched "Silent Hill" while Carter watched "Curious George" in his room...I didn't exactly want him to see a horror movie! He's been enjoying watching Curious George on TV so I thought the movie would be a big hit. And it was. But "Silent Hill" sure wasn't. Maybe I just didn't 'get it' but it wasn't my kind of movie. Sloooooooooow starting and they didn't even show any scary parts. It was very very dark, many scenes were completely black for seconds at a time. I Googled it today to help me figure it out, and found out it was modeled after a video game series. Anyhoo, didn't like it.

Carter was still up (big surprise) after the movie was over. Chris was already falling asleep on the couch during the movie so he went to bed. I followed, and Chris had brought Carter to our bed to try to get him to go to sleep. Cooper, my little darling was already asleep for a couple hours, and didn't get up as soon as I went to bed. Carter goofed around for quite awhile, but I managed to get him to wear a pull-up so he wouldn't pee my bed. We all finally went to sleep. I was a little restless with Carter in there; he's a bedhog and sometimes he talks in his sleep. Cooper, on the other hand, slept through the night until about five this morning. Yay Cooper! I nursed him back to sleep for awhile then we got up at about eight. Whee!

We had breakfast and played and Carter was already asking for Curious George again by ten o'clock. Then we all had baths and lunch and now they're both napping. Tonight Kelly and my Mom and I have a Bingo date so if we have a winning good time, I'll blog again later! I also have to put the finishing touches on a layout with Christy's new kit called "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia" coming out this week and I'll post it when I'm done.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Not scary enough!!!! I think maybe the poopy incidents were more scary - LOL - should make your own movie out of that Melly!! Take care and I shall be back early next week! Cheers ~ Helen

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 10:46:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Your blog entries either make me laugh 'il I puke - or gag 'til. . .well. . . . : )

And yes, I AM back. . . come find me!!!

Thursday, September 28, 2006 9:34:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwww... love that title though! I have a little bedhog myself. No matter how tired he is when he falls asleep, he manages to wake up and find his way upstairs nearly every night! BTW, I changed my blog header after your comment LOL! You're the second person that mentioned that to me! It's not like dh ever checks the blog, but I don't want him to go gettin' a complex!

Thursday, September 28, 2006 7:51:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home