Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, September 29, 2006

Just Got Home

Well Cooper was still feverish throughout the day today and since we were up in the middle of the night, I thought, what better time to take him to the hospital? Since it's difficult to see a doctor at the clinic by day, and I was getting concerned with the fever lasting over 24 hours, we went for it.

One of my favourite nurses from when I had Carter was there and very sweet. The doctor was nice too. They checked all his vitals and he was for the most part agreeable. He likely has something viral (meaning we treat the symptoms and it will go away on its own). But as a precaution, they put a urine collector bag on him and I'll take a urine sample to the hospital whenever he produces one. I'm no expert, but I did this so many times with Carter for various ailments and I don't like to downplay a fever in case something else is wrong. They did think his temperature was a bit warm for just a teething fever, and he hasn't been doing the typical teething things such as pulling his ears or biting things. And he's been in very good spirits despite the fever.

Anyhoo, before I forgot anything I thought I'd write this down. Cooper actually stayed asleep when I brought him inside so I'm going to go try to sleep again too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww. feel better baby, and you melany i am praying for your sleep and stamina through this..

Friday, September 29, 2006 1:58:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home