Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Back to "Normal"

Our first fever-free day. Whew! Last night I actually got to sleep from roughly midnight to four. Cooper got up and was still warm so I medicated him and got him to eventually go back to sleep. I think it took about an hour. Then both my boys let me sleep until nine o'clock!

This morning was fun. It's so cool to try to get Cooper to say words. I swear sometimes he says exactly what I ask him to. Like "one" and he holds up his pointer finger. And "Grandpa/Grandma", and "Thank You" - I swear he can say it - it sounds just like it. But of course, he won't do it when I want him to show off. I managed to get him to do the thank you sound at the hospital the other night - that was cool. The nurse thought it sounded right too. Kind of like the cartoon frog that wouldn't sing...Michigan J. Frog was his name. (Yes, Angie, I definitely had to Google that!)

Anyhoo, today was good. Chris came home from work and my sister came to visit for awhile. Chris and I took the kids to Tracy and Terry's house. It was their 6th wedding anniversary today. The kids played outside and I took a zillion pictures but of course they wouldn't all look at the camera at the same time, so thanks to my trusty Photoshop, I fixed that! I took some hilarious video of them on the trampoline too, but I haven't shrunken the video for posting.

The sun was really in their eyes but they were looking in my general direction, anyway. We came home and Carter hadn't napped so he retired to his room fairly early. Cooper was a bit of a hard sell on bedtime but he went down just in time for me to join the Butternug Squash scrapbooking chat over at DST. That was a hoot as usual!

Now it's just after eleven, and I don't even think I can stay awake long enough to watch Saturday Night Live. I'll try.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

SNL was horrid. You didn't miss anything.

So. . .what'd you do today (Sunday?) Huh? Huh?

Blog it. . .

Oh, and . . ."Hello by honey, hello my baby. . . hello my ragtime gal.. . "

Ha ha ha ha!

Sunday, October 01, 2006 11:03:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Great photo Melly...just an autumn colourings to it! Nice job! Love the new look blog - especially the "boo"!!

Monday, October 02, 2006 6:45:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home