Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

He's a Goner!

First of all, here is the latest development on Flaky the SnowBoy...he lost his head over a little sunshine...Farewell, Flaky!!!Crikey - I haven't blogged since Friday. I'm a little foggy on some of the details but here's a recap of the weekend. Let's see, where did I leave off? I managed to line up a new babysitter for when I go back to work! It was a fantastic twist of fate. We're going to visit her on Wednesday morning. She has an excellent reputation and lives about three blocks from both my home and my office! Yay! I've started to advise Carter that we'll be visiting her soon and that she'll be his new babysitter and that he has to use his nicest manners!

Chris came home from work and I ran out to get fast food for supper. I came home and we all ate and I left to pick up Kelly for Bingo. We stopped to buy some lotto tickets together, then headed out. When we got there, there was a sign on the door saying BINGO WAS CANCELLED. Friday was such a rockin' good day aside from that. We sadly drove back to town (saw FIVE deer on the way) and a bird almost hit the windshield. Yikes. We couldn't just go straight home so we went to the lottery centre and bought some Nevada (break-open) tickets just to satisfy our gaming hunger. Sad. So sad. We browsed around in the dollar store too then we went home. So sad. I think Chris was a little relieved to be "off the hook" for full-on parenting duty for the whole evening.

Now Saturday is a bit foggy...Chris picked up some fresh ground moose and moose sausage from friends of the family. He played outside with Carter for awhile and I had a short nap with Cooper. Cindy dropped off the boys for awhile so she could go to her massage appointment. I started making spaghetti sauce. Usually, I use a premade sauce as a base, such as Prego or Ragu or Bravo, but after I browned the moosemeat "meef" as I affectionately call it...I realized I didn't have any. I did have a large can of diced tomatoes which I usually add, and a can of tomato sauce. So I doctored it all up with spices and added a can of mushrooms, and it was cookin'!

Dominic and Noah were still here when supper was ready so I fed them and Chris and Carter. Cindy picked up the boys. We had a quiet evening. Chris went out for coffee and I had a chat with both Angie in Tennessee and Helen in Australia at the same time. How cool is the internet?! I was super tired and didn't even stay up to watch Saturday Night Live. Angie said it was going to be a rerun anyway.

It was a rough night. Carter was sleeping with Chris when I went to bed. He snores, he roams, he talks...I had a difficult time sleeping on the very edge of the bed. He also has an affinity for MY favourite pillow, so that's not cool. Cooper also was up a few times. I was a real zombie this morning. I fed Cooper breakfast and went back to bed, leaving Chris up with both the boys. I didn't sleep overly well or much, but it was good to rest a little longer. I had a hot bath (sans boys...yay!)

In the afternoon, Chris took Carter for a ride since I was planning to take Cooper shopping. Cooper went to sleep, so I made a dash for my favourite pillow too. I slept for about twenty minutes I think. Cooper slept about an hour. I nursed him a little - this is becoming fewer and farther between every day. He fell asleep again. Chris and Carter came home and I started to get ready to head out. I woke up Cooper when I set him in the car seat. We went to Wal-Mart and I actually escaped there spending around fifty bucks!

I still had to go get a few more food items, so I went to IGA and spent another thirty or so bucks. I saw Uncle Cliff at IGA and he said something about a new truck...huh? A new truck? So Cooper and I stopped in to see his new set of wheels on the way home. Niiiiiiiice. A gorgeous silver club-cab truck, more heavy-duty than the last truck, to pull their camper. Had a quick visit with him and Auntie Lurdes then came home to cook supper and put away the groceries.

I wanted to finish off the leftover "moosketti" so I made Chris and Carter a killer omelette and toast. I remembered to watch "Desperate Housewives" the first time it was on this evening...I have been forgetting about it and having to stay up extra late to catch up for the past few weeks. Now all three of my boys are sleeping. I'm getting tired, but this is the best time of day to do whatever I want so I might just do some scrapbooking. Here is a layout I did for my awesome friend Helen in Australia who sent me a postcard the other day! Credits: Christy's "Delicate Blossoms" kit at Butternug Squash Designs. I also did a layout for Angie of her beautiful daughter Caroline but she's going to post it on her blog so you can go there to check it out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Wow. . .so THAT'S what you did. I thought it all sounded somewhat familiar.

I love the LO for Helen. . . and you know you *have* my permission to put the Caroline layout here, too.

But, if it brings more people to my blog, then, what the heck!?

Sunday, October 15, 2006 10:53:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Bingo cancelled and the snowman melting - what is the world coming to??? Been waiting and waiting for this blog...what took you so long girl?!?!? Thank you once again for LO - totally awesome and put it up on my blog today! Hope that is okay!! And now I am off to Angie's - see ya!

Monday, October 16, 2006 1:24:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great layout. Love that postcard.
I know the kid in the bed thing. Now I got them banned. I got tired of being shoved out of my own bed. heehee I feel for you Melly.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home