Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, October 16, 2006

Making Use of the Snow

Today was a tiring one. Everyone took turns waking me last night. I rearranged some stuff in my kitchen today, and eliminated a cupboard that took up a lot of space and covered up the cool air intake for the furnace and I've been wanting to move it for quite some time.

Fortunately before I tried to kill myself by moving it downstairs by myself, my Dad popped in and helped me take it to the basement. It looks a little more open in the dining area now. And now Chris and I are both dying to paint - it would really brighten it up in there.

Just as I got both boys to nap this afternoon, and my head was just nestled into my favourite pillow, (I think I might have even been drooling already)...there was a heavy, loud, LONG knock at the door. I groggily answered the door to a pleasant-looking, nicely dressed man who handed me a religious pamphlet he wanted me to read. Good thing I wasn't fully awake because I've always wanted to ask these door-to-door folks a couple questions. My problem is, (and please note I am certainly NOT against anyone for their religious beliefs, I just don't understand other religions.) I never understood why in school why some students would leave the room while the national anthem was playing, because it contains the word, "God". I have this pamphlet sitting on my lap and it's got the word "God" all over it. Just wish I could understand.

Anyhoo, supper today was AWESOME. We had some fresh spicy moose sausage and rice and French-style green beans. Cooper loved the beans and finished off a jar of baby food. Carter had a little of everything. I divided the sausages and cooked some in the oven in tomato soup, and pan-fried the remainder basted in barbecue sauce. It was all goooooood.

We watched TV and hung out for the evening, and I did a scrapbooking layout to use one of our October snow pictures...

Here's another layout using Christy Sturm's "Fun in Flannel" kit at Butternug Squash Designs. Can't get enough of the rich fun colours! That, and with the massive dump of snow we got I had to use it!

Ooooooooooooooh. AND, in honour of Henry's upcoming 3rd birthday, Christy is having a sale! 30% off everything in the store. Check it out!

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Cool work dude....pardon the pun! Snow boy!! See ya!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:08:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a busy day. Love the layout too. I guess I better go do my blog. That's a promise!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:29:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey there. . . love the layout. I loved the picture the first time I saw it.

And. . uh. . .it's 10:00 here. Are you online? I'm going to see if I can find you. . . after Pop Tarts, of course!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 9:07:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home