Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I Got Mail!

Yesterday, I was hoping to not leave the house but I got a call to go out and help run some errands. Dad came over and watched the boys for me. Carter was asleep but Cooper was wide awake. Deidre dropped off Connor as she had an afternoon appointment and I wasn't back yet, so Dad was "Super Grandpa" and watched an extra kid!

I came home and relieved Dad. Chris came home from work and Deidre came back. I made pork medallions, long grain and wild rice and peaches'n'cream corn. I still had some cookie dough left so we had fresh soft ginger snap cookies for dessert. We visited awhile then Deidre and Connor left. He was a little under the weather so Deidre decided to keep him out of daycare today and I offered to take him. He and Carter played so well, considering they hadn't seen each other since Carter's birthday in May!

So she dropped him off this morning and they had a blast. One was Spiderman and the other was Buzz Lightyear. It's so cute now that they're old enough to have conversations. Just hilarious. Last night Chris brought up Carter's little picnic table and they both sat there not eating their supper last night. They were having too much fun. They did, however, sit and share a toasted bagel and some applesauce this morning, and they each ate a whole chicken sandwich and a little chicken noodle soup at lunch. Deidre came to pick him up shortly after noon; Connor didn't want to go. It was so sweet! She stayed and visited while they ate their lunch and then they disappeared to watch "The Incredibles" in Carter's room, where I managed to get Cooper down for a nap. They were whooping and hollering and giggling and jumping in there and miraculously Cooper stayed sleeping! Which is bizarre, since I tiptoe in there to check on the boys at night and the slightest little creak in the floor stirs him. He must have been tired from trying to keep up with the big boys.

Last night, Cooper stood unassisted for about EIGHT SECONDS! He was leaning against my legs where I sat on the couch. He would lean forward away from me and stand for a couple seconds at a time, not even realizing what he was doing. Chris and I counted and the longest stand was eight whole seconds. Yikes. This kid's gonna be mobile in a big way. And soon! I took a few shots of him doing it again today but he was mostly leaning on the couch. Okay...Is he gorgeous or what!? I know I'm his mom, but really. he's beautiful...and he looks so grown up standing up there like a big boy!




I managed to squeeze in a short nap while Cooper was asleep. Carter was on the computer and didn't want to nap but I put my head down for a bit and Carter came to lie down with me. I managed to snooze for at least a half hour; maybe forty-five minutes. Yum. I got up and ready and put on my face and got dressed. Chris came home from work and I ran to the bank machine downtown. I came home and Kelly picked me up for Bingo. We went to Tim Horton's for beverages, picked up some lotto tickets and we were on our way. I'm so sorry to report that we had no winnings. It was close, again. Angie, please let Mark know that we both chose B3 in the pick-your-own-numbers game, but unfortunately it didn't come up.

So, the other highlight of the day was the mail. I looked out the window after nap time this afternoon and there was a big yellow package sticking out of my mailbox. I was thinking, "did I order something on eBay???" Nope. It was better than that! Angie sent me my very own Buddy Walk t-shirt with Caroline's picture on it. I'll get Chris to take a picture of me wearing it tomorrow. It's so awesome. She also sent me a sweet note and all the newspaper articles with Caroline's stories about being in the Times Square Buddy Walk video and from her local interviews. So sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Thank you so much Angie! You really made my day. I wish you were home when I phoned but I'll catch up with you tomorrow!

I came home and I swear Cooper stays half awake to make sure I come back. I cuddled him and nursed him a little. (This ritual seems to be fewer and farther between...I'm going to miss it.) He went back to sleep and I put him in his crib. I sneakily slipped a pull-up on Carter so I don't have extra laundry tomorrow. Good thinking on my part.

So that's two days' worth of stuff. I actually did a scrapbook layout of Cooper; here it is. And I have a whole bunch of new-to-me kits from Christy that I just got today so I'll be cranking out some more new stuff this week!
Credits: Miss Mint's "Honeydew Lemon" kit from Peppermint Creative. I made the alpha using Atomic Cupcake's stained wood action Font is Elegance.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Oh my friend. . .this is one of your best LOs EVER. You gotta love Ms. Mint!

I can't wait to see a picture of you in your Caroline shirt. . . we'll have an entire gallery of them, one of these days!

I'm so glad you called today. It made my day!

Thursday, October 26, 2006 2:21:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

I just love reading your blogs Melly - they are so full of life, makes my downunder existance seem rather mundane. Cooper certainly does look like a big boy standing up - get as many of those baby cuddles as you can :) Best wishes

Thursday, October 26, 2006 11:09:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

defintaly getting to be a big boy. They grow up so fast! Too bad on the bingo game maybe next game night. Love the layout. Of course the photo subject me thinks has alot to do with it. heehee.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 2:15:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home