Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

A Real Shot in the Arm

Crap. Going back to my last post on Saturday...

Okay. So believe it or not I had not such a bad night on Saturday night and managed to get up in time to get ready for church on Sunday. I took Cooper with me; Carter opted to stay home with Daddy as usual. I think the music bugs him now that I think about it; he seems fairly sensitive to sounds and music.

Anyhoo, it was nice to get out of the house and go to church after about a month of not getting my butt out of bed to go. Cooper was pretty good. Just a couple little squawks as he is liking the sound of his own voice these days. He's also loving climbing to stand, and is starting to work his way along the couch or whatever he's holding on to. Yikes! The little turkey's gonna be walking soon.

Another very blogworthy event was Sunday supper. Chris was hungry before I decided to start cooking. I was going to make fettucine alfredo with panfried mushrooms, but Chris started scrambling eggs with salsa (OMG that was delish) and bacon and hashbrowns. Breakfast for supper is awesome, especially when I don't cook it - super especially when my husband does! Woohoo! "Desperate Housewives" kicked ass on Sunday night. Wow. I'm so involved in the lives of these fictional characters. Call me crazy.

Monday...hmmm. I think it was a fairly low-key, no-make-up-or-hairdo-or-leave-the-house-except-for-getting-the-mail-from-the-mailbox kind of day. Chris came home from work and helped me get supper started. He cooked the rest of the bacon from his Sunday "dinner" and put the water for the pasta on to boil. That was a good head start for me and I panfried the mushrooms in butter and heated the store-bought sauce. (Cheater!) I added the mushrooms to the sauce then figured the bacon would be a nice addition to it too. Yes, it was. Supper was served!

We watched "Heroes" on TV and that was the height of activity for the evening. I was working on fixing the other computer because I seem to have killed it and can't fix it myself. Cooper was up from about two until four-thirty this morning. There was no getting him to go back to bed until then. Finally I put him back in his crib and crawled into bed. Unbelievably, he was up by about seven. I figured he needed more sleep almost as much as I did, so I let him complain for a few minutes and he went back to sleep. Whew. Carter crawled in with me and was so darned fidgety I didn't get much more rest but it was nice to stay in bed until after eight o'clock.

This afternoon, I went for my flu shot. It's mandatory for staff at my office to get it done, so since I'm returning to work soon, I got it done on the staff immunization day so they'd let me go back to work next month! So it looks like I'm returning to work on November 20th, but taking some vacation time. I need to work at least a half a day in this calendar year to be eligible for my vacation time, so I'll be working a few Mondays. Those are the days my Mom has opted to babysit for us, so it will get everyone oriented to the new upcoming changes. I'm feeling a déjà-vu; I think I've mentioned this stuff before.

I dropped my computer off at the computer hospital after my flu shot appointment; I'm just a wannabe geek; I had to take it to the pros 'cause I couldn't make it better by myself. I bow down to those who are geekier than I am.

Dad stopped in after we got home. Carter was napping but Cooper was up and cruisin' around. After Dad left, Cooper actually went for a nap too. I kind of closed my eyes a little. Chris came home and both boys were still sleeping so I took off for the grocery store. There was virtually no real food in the house!

I came home and offered options for supper, and Chris chose hotdogs. Fine with me! Carter the chickadee ate about a half of his. I sure hope his appetite increases one of these days so I don't worry about him. Though I do recall I was pretty much the same and I adore food now!

After supper I chatted a little with Kelly; we both can't make it to Bingo tomorrow evening so maybe next week. Then I watched "Veronica Mars" and am now finally blogging. I need to put the rest of the DVD backup that I made from the other computer - yes, at least I was smart enough to back all my stuff up before I screwed it up. It took TWELVE (12!) DVDs to back up my digital pictures and all my scrapbooking kits, layouts and stuff. So it's just as time consuming to transfer them from the DVDs to this computer as it was to make the DVD backup. So I'm hoping to get it all on here and work on some new scrapbooking layouts. To add to the delay, Carter is still up because he took a very long nap today and he must be suffering from computer withdrawal because he keeps coming up to this computer and trying to log on, though I'm the only user on this computer. And sorry, but it's going to stay that way! I'll try to post some new stuff tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

I love this. . . I feel like I walked alongside you the whole time. Except for the "ouch" part when you got your flu shot.

And, YUUUUUUUUUUUUM.... fettucine alfredo. I'm drooling here.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 11:18:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Pity you do not live closer - a geeker person that you is my Den...he would have fixed it for you ;) I want to see the hair-do when you only have the mail box to visit (hehehehe) p l e a s e !!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:54:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love eggs with salsa. We eat that alot rolled in a tortilla. Sounds like you've been doing well. Hope that arm feels better. Next week is flu shot week here. ewwww.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 5:11:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home