Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Happy Birthday Dan, Edison, Paige & Sasha!

I hate it when I don't blog every day...

Anyhoo, a big ol' Happy Birthday to Chris's Dad Dan, Angie's son Edison, my cousin's daughter Paige, and my dearly departed mother-in-law's dog Sasha, who now lives with Chris's Auntie Wendy. Whew! That's a lot of birthday for one day!

Tuesday was fairly uneventful. Monday night was the first night in a few days where Cooper did NOT sleep through the night. I was up with him from about three until four-thirtyish. So Tuesday was a sleepy day and no nap for me. Supper was meatloaf and rice and veggies. Cooper and Carter both pigged out on the meatloaf. I was suitably impressed. I watched Veronica Mars and we had a mini-chat with a few of the girls from BSD. That's always a hoot.

This morning I got us all breakfasted and ready to go for a visit with our babysitter. She asked me to bring them by for a couple hours for another trial run. So I brought them over at nine and took off running errands. Brought Chris a coffee and bagel at work. Picked up my sunglasses (yay! Got my "big-girl" sunglasses back!), paid my dentist bill, went for my eyebrow waxing appointment. (This was the second time in a row that the boys just happened to be at the babysitter when I had an appointment...fabulous coincidence!) Picked up some printer ink. Stopped in at the office.

As I was picking up the boys, my Dad called (first call on my cool new phone! Whee!) He asked if I wanted to meet him at McDonald's for lunch. Ummmmm. Yeah!!! So I dressed the boys and headed over. We had lunch and Dad had picked up a MOUNTAIN of garbage from our garage - it almost filled the box of his truck. Crikey!

After lunch we came home. Nobody napped. Cooper had napped at the babysitter and Carter was high on caffeine from the pop I allowed him to have at lunch. Silly Mommy. Chris came home from work and there was no supper to be found. I need to go grocery shopping bigtime. So I ran to Safeway after Chris had his shower and picked up a roasted chicken and some buns and veggies. Talk about an easy supper.

Both boys were finally sleeping by about nine o'clock. We watched a bit of the new show with the very yummy Mr. Taye Diggs "Daybreak". Looks like it's going to be a good show. Finally something to watch on Wednesdays for the times I don't go to Bingo (which I think will be many). Cooper woke up screaming at ten. I tried cuddling, nursing, orajel-ing. Nothing worked. A few big noisy toots later and he seemed to feel better and fell asleep cuddling on my shoulder. Surprisingly he stayed down when I put him back to bed. Poor guy.

Had a little chat with Angie and my sister tonight. Good to do a little catching up whenever possible. No new layouts today...hopefully I'll find the time tomorrow to work on some stuff for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Hey Girl,

Love the shout out to my boy! He's quite a kid. . .gotta keep an eye on him as he grows. Afraid he's going to be quite the ladies man.

Have a meeting tonight, but hopefully, it won't be that long. Will try to find you.

My mood is some better. . . some.

Angie

Thursday, November 16, 2006 2:02:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy napping Melly....and about time you did some SBing for yourself girl. Enjoy! Best wishes, helen

Friday, November 17, 2006 12:03:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home