Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, November 13, 2006

A Way Cool New Toy

Let's see here. Last post was Saturday...

Another full night of sleep. How delicious. Didn't even try to stay up to watch SNL. Sunday morning, I got up with plenty of time to get Cooper and myself ready to go to church. Carter wasn't interested in going so he stayed home with Daddy. Cooper was a sweet little honey in church. A few little noises, but mostly saying "UP" whenever he wanted to switch from being held by Mom or Dad or me. Cyuuuuuute.

After church, we went for breakfast with Mom and Dad, Uncle Cliff & Auntie Lurdes, Uncle Bob & Auntie Josie, and Guy & Marie. Cooper was asleep by the time we got to the restaurant, so I put my coat down on the floor and left him in his cushy snowsuit and he slept through breakfast. Took him home and he slept still for a little while.

Mom invited us for supper for shepherd's pie with the leftovers from the awesome moose roast dinner. Chris wasn't feeling up to it (he was already on day two of not smoking...wowie!) I must mention he was pretty cantankerous, but I was very proud of him. His last cigarette was at Mom & Dad's on Friday night.

So since Carter was still napping, I took Cooper and went to Mom & Dad's for supper. I have an amusing anecdote to toss in here...I've mentioned before how my Mom has an affinity obsession for Haagen-Dasz Coffee ice cream...well she asked me to pick some up on my way out there, along with some fresh buns. Anyhoo, cut to a few days ago. Dad had picked up a couple containers of the stuff for her, and brought one out to her and she ate it. Next morning she finds another one in the freezer. For some reason, this is a guilty pleasure for her to eat this stuff though she has no reason to feel guilty about it. Soooooooo, she eats the ice cream and refills the container with water and puts it back in the freezer so Dad won't know that she found the extra stash he'd hidden for her. What a nut!

So supper was fantastic as per usual. We went downstairs to watch TV. Mom ate her ice cream that I delivered, and gave Cooper a bath. I brought his jammies so he'd be ready for bed when we got home. I decided to stay and watch Desperate Housewives. Figured there'd be fewer interruptions out there than at home. It was good as usual. I brought Cooper home and he went to sleep. I did some computing (but obviously no blogging) and headed for bed by midnight I think. I might have slept for the last hour that I was up.

Today I woke up feeling refreshed after yet another full night's sleep. Ol' Aunt Flo swung by on the weekend but other than that I felt good today. Mom stopped in this morning before and after her lunch out with Dad with the retired teachers' group. Then she went to her massage appointment. I was supposed to go to the dentist today but I cancelled 'cause I couldn't pawn the boys off on anyone. Boo hoo. Guess I have to wait to get my face drilled out. I had a few errands I wanted to run, so I packaged up the boys and headed out.

I didn't get much of what I wanted to accomplished. We stopped at Chris's work to say hi, then I went to see Auntie Lurdes at work 'cause I finally remembered on the weekend that I left my "big girl sunglasses" there the last time I was there. It had been at least two weeks since I had lost them so she let one of the office girls take them home with the stipulation that if the owner came forward she' have to bring 'em back. So yay for me that Auntie Lurdes got the girl to bring them back. Hopefully she'll bring them to work with her tomorrow. I couldn't afford to lose yet another pair of expensive sunglasses. If I didn't get 'em back I'd have had to wear my old scratchy scratchy ones. I've been taking such good care of this pair. Well, until recently anyway.

While I was at her office, I detoured to the cell phone office and picked me up a cool new camera phone. Free, baby, free. My cell phone contract had ended in September, so I re-contracted and got an awesome LG phone. They activated it quickly and I was all set. When I left there the time was close to what I figured would be the time Mom would be done her massage. So I drove by the massage place and within ten minutes out came Mom. I showed her the phone and she wanted to go get hers too. We had planned to go together to get the new phones. So she came with me and we went back to get her one. How fun.

I dropped her back off at her car then stopped by Chris's work again to show him the new toy. By then both boys were asleep (finally - late nap...eek!) so I really didn't want to go home yet. I drove around a little, went to McDonald's drive-thru to get a Coke, drove home and sat in the driveway contemplating the risk of waking the boys if I brought them in the house. I played with the phone a little sitting in the driveway and programmed a couple numbers in it. I took a picture of Carter with it earlier and used it as the display picture for when our home phone number calls the cell. I figured I'd do a little more driving around just so the boys would have about a one-hour nap. I tried to time it perfectly to arrive home at the same time as Chris so he could help carry the kids in, but he made it home before I did. The boys had slept about an hour, which is long enough for a nap that late in the day. I brought them in. Chris showered and I cooked supper. We had a beef/noodle/veggie stir-fry. It was pretty good. Cooper ate some carrots and pea pods and I fed him a jar of squash. Carter ate an impressive amount.

I did a very quick Wal-Mart run right after supper. Just diapers, windshield fluid x 2, baby cookies and baby food jars of fruit for Cooper. I escaped the place spending about twenty-six bucks! Go Me! I paused in the parking lot to fill up the windshield fluid in the Jeep then did a quick Tim Horton's run. I haven't had a French vanilla cappucino in days. I went home and we watched Heroes. In mid-show, I realized we were very nearly out of milk. It would have been nice to notice that BEFORE I went to Wal-Mart but oh well. I did a quick Safeway run just for milk.

I came home and watched the rest of Heroes and started programming phone numbers into the new phone. Chris was playing with Cooper. Cooper pulls himself up and walks around the furniture. Yikes. He says "Up" and "Thank You" and "Uh-Oh" and the occasional other sounds that resemble a word that he copies from us. So very cute. I finally got the chance to catch up with Angie since we hadn't spoken since Thursday night. That's highly unusual. So we did our catch-up and we were both good little bloggers this evening. She even did a gorgeous scrapbook layout tonight; one of my favourites of hers. Now it's getting pretty late and since Cooper and my other two boys are sleeping, I'm going to bed too. Eighty-five numbers programmed in the phone so far. I was too lazy to put in any email addresses. I don't have text messaging anyway. Good night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhhh finished....wow...your life is amazing - not to mention 85 numbers in your mobile phone - say what! I dont even know 85 people! Well done Melly. Have a great Tuesday! Love Helen

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 2:22:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

WOW! I don't even feel like I missed that much of the weekend.

But, alas, Helen beat me posting a reply. Not fair. . she's already on tomorrow!

Angie

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 9:57:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home