Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunny Sunday

Today was a beautiful day. We still (again) have very little snow and it was sunny and gorgeous today. We might even end up with some above-freezing temperatures this week, if the weatherman's pants aren't on fire.

So last night sounded like I was headed for bed early. But Angie signed on and I finally got to touch base with her again. I ended up watching TV and talking to her for a couple hours. Of course Cooper was up for much of that time, but I eventually settled him again and he slept until about 6:30 this morning. I talked him into going back to sleep briefly, then everyone was up and I got ready to go to church.

Cooper came with me and was a sweet, cute little prince in church. My parents were there and surprisingly my sister was too! After church we all went out for breakfast with Auntie Lurdes, Uncle Cliff and Guy & Marie. Cooper fell asleep the second I got him in his car seat and started moving.

We came home and I put him in his bed. Chris went downstairs to play video games. Carter ended up following him, but Cooper was up shortly after that. Chris and I started watching "The DaVinci Code". He went out for coffee in the middle of it, but I debriefed him when he got back. I managed to get both boys napping and got almost to the end of the movie before Carter got up.

I need to go grocery shopping bigtime and hadn't taken anything out for supper. So I did a quick little drive-thru run for supper. But on the way, I picked up some soy milk for Cooper. He's been having a hard time dealing with number two, so I'm hoping this will help him. He doesn't seem to notice a difference and drank it up just as quickly as regular milk or breastmilk.

I got to watch "Desperate Housewives", and was engrossed in it as usual. Cooper was starting to wind down by this time and I had to cuddle him quite a bit and walk around with him for awhile. Carter was being quite the little monkey jumping on his bed and generally doing the opposite of what we asked him to do. He needs to be entertained. When he's bored he goes a little nutso! He wound down too after I moved his bed (and almost took away his mattress!) I have some cleaning up to do around here. Tomorrow night my friend Diane and I are having a sampler party for her daughter-in-law's "Victorian Epicure Selections" business. It's yummy good stuff. Dip mixes, no-salt spices, cooking utensils and pans, chocolate, tea, coffee - tons of stuff.

So off I go to marinate some meat for the gals to sample the awesome (my favourite product) beef & steak marinade. Should be delish. Then I think I'm going to hit the hay. I'll need my energy to tackle the dustbunnies and try to stay sane while chasing the boys and trying to clean the house simultaneously tomorrow!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the sanity...let me know if you get a formula that works so confuse children with dustbunnies! Da Vinci Code not a big hit with Chris? Love Helen

Sunday, November 19, 2006 11:24:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey there. Great recollection of your Sunday. Wish I was there. But, you have snow. . .so I'm glad I'm here. : )

Can't wait to hear how the party goes! Good luck.....Angie

Monday, November 20, 2006 9:52:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home