Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh Crap It's Tuesday Already

And I haven't blogged since Saturday!

Let's recap. It's been a good few days.

Sunday morning I bailed on church to do some baking. I was afraid I might not pull it all off for my Mom's dinner party so I got an early start. I made "Death by Chocolate" and "Cherry Cheesecake Squares". They turned out just divine if I do say so myself, even though I never tried either. Here are a couple pics of the glorious desserts:



I was really tuned in to baking mode, so I also whipped up a small batch of "candy cane brittle"...melted white chocolate with bits of crushed candy cane folded in and sprinkled on top with red sugar sprinkled on for colour. Let it set and...yum!

We invited Deidre & Greg for supper so that meant I had to go get some food in the house! I left all my boys at home and went out shopping. My first stop was at Warehouse One. I decided I needed something new to wear. I extremely rarely do this. I bought a nice pair of deep brownish-green cords and a pretty floral top. Next stop was the beer store. Please note that I find beer repellent in every possible way; I was being a nice wifey and picking it up for Chris. Plus when you buy a new outfit, the beer is a good distraction! heehee

Next stop was Canadian Tire. I picked up some LED Christmas lights and a couple laundry baskets and ziploc containers. Dollar store - a couple little Christmas gadgets and a big glowstick for Carter just for kicks. Safeway was the final stop. I picked up all the ingredients for supper plus a couple other necessary food items, and stuff for dessert too.

I came home and started preparing supper. I decided to be brave and try a new recipe. I used Angie's "Creamy Chicken Enchilada" recipe. You can visit her blog for it; I guarantee it's worth the trip over there to get it. I also bought a salsa salad kit; came complete with mini tortilla chip strips, a little packet of grated cheese, and two dressings: A creamy salsa-ish ranch and some salsa. I tossed it together and it was good! Everyone LOOOOOOOOOOVED the enchiladas. I was so thrilled I couldn't wait to tell Angie that I had used her recipe. I was so darned pleased with myself and how they turned out that I was pretty much giddy.

For dessert I made everyone hyuuuuuge ice cream sundaes with chocolate chips, skor toffee bits, banana slices (could live without that but it was okay), chocolate syrup and whip cream on top. Wow. As if we weren't already full enough from supper! We visited awhile then Deidre & Greg (and Connor!) left. I watched Desperate Housewives...OMG so good! and was pretty tired.

Monday...Kelly & Doug's 25th Wedding Anniversary - Congratulations! Unfortunately Doug works far far away and wasn't here for it, so Carter, Cooper and I took her out for a lunch date. After lunch we stopped at Canadian Tire and a couple other places. I picked up an 8-foot luminated inflatable snowman and some more stuff for Christmas baking. Hopefully I'll go all "Martha" on the weekend again and do some more stuff. We dropped off Kelly, I brought Chris a late lunch at work, and brought the boys home. They were both asleep so I quickly assembled Mr. Snowman and carried the boys in the house. Carter loved the snowman; I felt like a hero. Talk about a win-win!

Supper was leftover/snack stuff. We watched "Heroes" and I started in on a hyuuuuuuge project. I went to bed pretty late; partly due to working on the computer, and partly due to my kids taking turns staying up late/waking up to party.

This morning I worked on the computer quite a bit again, and Kelly informed me that she was baking a kajillion cookies and for us to come and get some. We did a quick Tim Horton's run and brought a coffee to Chris then went over for some awesome peanut butter cookies, and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Good stuff! We visited with Kelly for a bit then came home. Chris came home from work awhile later and we got ready to go to Mom & Dad's house for supper. Cindy and the family were there too. It was awesome as per usual. We came home and I had missed watching "Veronica Mars". Luckily it was on again at eleven. And I'm so glad I stayed up to watch it. It was very intense! I really wish I'd watched the series from the beginning. I missed two whole seasons. But now I'm hooked anyway.

Now it's exactly 1:00 and I need to get some sleep so I can tackle my projects again tomorrow. Whew. That was alot to catch up on but I'm done. Peace out, peeps!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there remember the days when i was always the first to your blog to drop off a comment... bad me... but here i am... first i need to start watching veronica mars as Katherine has become hooked this year, and is getting (shhhhh) the first season on DVD from someone this year... but Tony adn
I huge "House" fans and that competes
next stop gettng ready for Christmas, I am still trying to move nad finish the first draft of the book...anyway you are making me feel inadequate :)working mom and all that baking...go girl

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 6:52:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I'm with Beth. The last thing I baked in my oven (isn't that where you bake?) was the frozen biscuits that taste like homemade.

Glad you liked the enchilada recipe.

Angie

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 10:30:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There seems to be a bit of a theme happening on your blog Melly.....food!!!!!!! You are too funny. Love the new look to the blog! Love Helen

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 2:39:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

It's time for a new blog entry. . . .It's time for a new blog entry. . .It's time for a new blog entry. . .It's time for a new blog entry. . .It's time for a new blog entry. . .

There, have I convinced you yet? Or just annoyed you?

Either way, you know I'm watching out for something new, and popping through to say "howdy!"

Hugs & kisses. . ..

Sunday, December 03, 2006 1:33:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home