Mellykat's Blog!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Here Comes Santa Claus

I fully intended to blog each day that I didn't...

Wednesday morning I took the boys to Alana's for another babysitting trial run. I had some errands to run like taking care of my paperwork for taking my vacation time and returning to work. I picked up the other computer from the shop. It had ninety-five bucks' worth of viruses on it, and took two weeks to get all cleaned out. Good thing I have a secondary computer or I'd still have the shakes from missing that one.

I did a drive-by for Chris, and for Kelly at work. I made a hair appointment. I haven't been to the hairdresser since the beginning of June! My hair is getting long and I'm going to get my highlights redone.

I picked up the boys after about two hours and brought them home. Nobody napped. Chris came home from work and I was too excited about going to Bingo to cook supper. I always eat supper at Bingo, so I did a quick McDonald's run when Chris got home from work. But I ate anyway before we went.

Kelly called me on her way home from work and I walked to her house to meet up with her. We picked up Mom at the corner of her road and went to Bingo. No, sadly we were unsuccessful in the Bingo yelling department. It was close, but we had fun anyway.

Cooper was up in the night for about an hour. He hasn't been sleeping through the night anymore. I think I'm going to try the playpen in the living room again. It might be that it's warmer in the living room. Whatever it is, if he sleeps through the night I'll do whatever it takes to help him with it!

Thursday was a quiet one. One of those stay-in-the-house-and-not-even-go-outside-to-the-mailbox days. Chris came home from working a bit late after a big day on the road. He picked up pizza - had the kind with the stuffed crust. Wow is that ever filling! I worked on a few computer projects and watched "ER". I stayed up very very late and of course just as I was almost finished working Cooper got up. Crikey.

I was tired. And he was so lively. I gave him a bottle. Nope. He was wide awake. Freaked out if I tried to put him to bed. I kept he lights off to try to convince him it was still the middle of the night (it really was; it was three by this time) I fed him cereal, gave him Tylenol thinking he was getting new teeth keeping him awake, sang songs - nothing was helping him get sleepy again. Finally I gave in and nursed him a little and he eventually but not for quite awhile went back to sleep. So I got to go to bed around five I think!

I didn't rest very well and I could still hear Cooper once in a while make a little squawk. He slept a little more then we got up around eight thirty I think. I have no idea how long Carter was up before me. That scares me. He had the TV on his treehouse channel and was playing games online on the computer and he got his mitts on the leftover pizza. Breakfast of champions, I say!

Considering my lack of sleep, I felt pretty darned good. I had an awesome hot shower and washed my hair. I fed the boys breakfast and did my hair and face. I got the boys dressed and ready and we went out. I brought the leftover pizza to Chris at work. I delivered some Christmas letters I did for one of my friends at work. I took the boys grocery shopping. They have those shopping carts that are like a little truck in the front, so Carter was happy. Cooper had fallen asleep in the Jeep on the way but he was awake for the shopping. I picked up steaks and stuff for supper tonight. I had invited Mom & Dad to come for supper before the Santa Claus parade.

I came home and did a quick tidy-up. I vacuumed and emptied and filled the dishwasher. Supper didn't need a whole lot of preparation. I washed the potatoes and the mushrooms were already sliced. The asparagus was ready since it was frozen and I bought a Caesar salad kit. Chris came home from work just before Mom & Dad arrived at five-thirty. Since Carter hadn't napped all day, he fell asleep right before Chris came home.

We had an awesome supper and about in the middle of it everyone started to show up here for the parade. We finished supper and everyone arrived and we all headed over to the main drag to watch the parade. We managed to wake Carter just in time to go. There is NO snow on the ground and I didn't even have mitts on because I had the camera out. It was cool but not super cold out. I had bundled the boys up and they rode in the double stroller. I took a few pictures of the parade which I will blog soon - I uploaded them on the other computer so I'll post this then come back and blog the pictures.

Everyone came back here after the parade for drinks and homemade hot chocolate with marshmallows and a few snacks. My little house was packed and it was great! Everyone left around nine o'clock. It was a great evening. And we'll do it all over again in a couple weeks when Cooper turns one year old! Cooper just fell asleep a little while ago. Carter is still going strong. It's just after ten and I think I'm going to try to squeeze in a nap before Cooper decides to get up and party. Here are the pics; Photo #2 - (My cousin Mike & Monique's son Oliver in the dragon boat!)





1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Um....hello? Canada? Christmas is in December! Hee hee hee.

Sorry, southern humor.

Great pictures. . .looks like lots of fun!

Friday, November 24, 2006 10:43:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home