Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, December 03, 2006

It's Just a Blur

I'll just run the highlight reel...

Wednesday I took the boys to the sitter for another trial run. I ran around like crazy squeezing in as many errands as I could. I was working on a major project this week, and am in the midst of planning a few others.

Thursday I madly worked away printing and cutting. My Mom came over after her lunch outing and helped wrangle the boys so I could keep working feverishly. Dad popped by too and observed the production. He left, but returned shortly with one of those big cutters with the long blade. MY PARENTS ROCK. That made for much easier cutting. I'm so particular about cutting I always do everything with scissors, but with a thousand items to cut, I welcomed the easier method. Thursday evening was a much-needed break, with a trip to Bingo with Mom. Our efforts were unfortunately not fruitful, but as always it was fun.

I stayed up 'til two working then called it a night (morning!) Friday I finished the major project by noon. Whew. We had pizza and breadsticks for supper. Mmmmm. Chris went to the shop to help one of the guys with his truck or something.

Saturday Chris worked 'til noon. After supper Deidre and Connor came over and Chris went to Deidre & Greg's house to play video games with Greg. We hung out here and the kids played pretty well. Carter is a little rowdy but it went well.

Today Chris let me sleep in, bless him! I lazed about as long as possible, skipping church for no good reason. I had planned on baking cookies today but it just didn't happen. I did, however, get to do a good shopping run at Wal-Mart. I took a list with me...I forget all the items, but since when does buying windshield washer fluid and toilet paper cost over two hundred bucks? I found these GORGEOUS matching outfits for my boys for Christmas, a plush chair for Cooper for his birthday, socks and undies for Carter (there are six million pairs of kids' socks in this house, but [1] it's very difficult to find a matching pair, and [2] Carter is getting so big I can barely get his feet in any of them!

I also bought Chris a new toy - sort of an early Christmas present, an electric staple gun/brad nailer. Pretty much just so he could hang the Christmas lights I picked up last week. I sure hope that's not the only time it gets used. We'll see.

So for supper today we had shakey-bakey chicken legs, rice and corn. Cooper did a good job of putting it away, and putting a good lot of it on the floor. Carter nibbled like a chickadee as per usual. I made a plate for Chris for lunch tomorrow.

After supper, I did two loads of laundry, dyed my roots, showered, bathed both boys, gave Chris a haircut, put both boys to bed, printed the photos for a calendar, updated my friend's resume and watched a rerun of Desperate Housewives. Crikey. It's just past midnight but I doubt I'll sleep tonight anyway worrying I'll oversleep and be late for my first day of work or something. I'm going to sign off and go check if the clothes I washed survived the dryer. Hopefully it didn't cook them or shrink them or something, otherwise I don't have a hot clue what I'll be wearing tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Oh honey......welcome back to the world of the working woman.

It's just paradise, isn't it?!

I'm thinking of you today - as you're sitting at your desk, and I'm sitting at mine.

Talk tonight.....?

Monday, December 04, 2006 8:29:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home