Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Blah-Ditty-Blah Blah Blah

Ugh. Almost an entire week without blogging. I'm so sorry to myself for being such a slacker. What a funkity-funk-funk I'm in. It's not like I haven't been on the computer, though it's been like work being on it lately; plenty of projects on the go. I've been feeling discouraged in the digital scrapbooking world lately and it's such a busy time of year no one seems to be around to chat and keep me motivated!

I'll try to recap what's been going on so I don't lose a whole week out of my life! Thursday...went to Bingo with Mom. Friday...

Oy. This isn't working for me. My poor brain. Mom and Dad had Dominic and Noah for the weekend. On Saturday, Dominic got dropped off here after a birthday party and Dad and Noah picked him up. I went shopping in the afternoon for something for Chris and myself to wear to my staff party. I got a cyuuuuuuuute little outfit and got Chris a white t-shirt. We got ready and took the boys to Mom & Dad's. Talk about a houseful of boys! We took off and went to see Uncle Cliff & Auntie Lurdes. Uncle's brother was in town and we had a visit and a couple drinks. The Bailey's went to work on me very quickly! heehee. I felt very warm. We left and went to the bowling alley for the glow-bowling portion of my staff party. It was fun. There are a few new people working at my office since I've been gone, so it was nice to get out and socialize with them and everyone else. We only played two games, and I was lucky to break a hundred in the first one. (This is 5-pin bowling, folks...wayyyyyyyy different from 10-pin, which I have yet to try.) The second game was Bingo-bowling. You'd think that would be right up my alley...(yes, pun intended...I'm coming back, folks, slowly but surely). But it's harder than it sounds. You have to score points based on the Bingo card and it's a team effort. We only needed one more score but two other teams beat us to it so we were done.

The next phase of the party was going to Silvia's house for hors-d'oeuvres. Everyone brought something and it was a veritable delight of snacks and flavours. Everyone mixed and mingled and a great time was had by all. We left about eleven-thirty to pick up the boys. We got to Mom & Dad's and they were both sleeping. I REALLY didn't feel like waking them and dealing with two awake boys at home, so we let sleeping kids lie and each grabbed a couch beside a sleeping kid on the floor.

Cooper was good 'til two-thirty-nine. Ugh. The kid wanted to party. He gets mad when I try to get him to cuddle back to sleep. He was up whining and crying until FIVE! Somewhere in that time I took him to my old room and crawled into bed. Chris did too. He was asleep on the loveseat so he finally got to stretch out. So I might have slept about an hour after that when I got up to pee. I met Carter at the bottom of the stairs. Not sure if he was sleepwalking (hope not!) or just wandering around aimlessly since he woke up and wasn't sure where he was at first. I went to the bathroom and then scooped him up and brought him to bed too. Double bed, two adults, one sprawled-out baby that we did NOT want to wake, and Carter. Carter and I squished like sardines on the side of the bed. I don't think I slept much, if any more at all.

Everyone got up and Mom and Dad were getting ready to go to church with Dominic and Noah. We gathered up all our stuff and headed home. I went to bed at some point and tried to catch up on some sleep. I did. After church and breakfast, Mom and Dad dropped off Dominic and Noah since Cindy was still away and they had a few social engagements for the rest of the day and evening. Deidre and I had decided to take our boys to go see "Happy Feet"; there was a matinée at two o'clock. So I took Carter and Dominic and Noah to the show and left Cooper with Chris. We left extra early and arrived at the theatre at about one-thirty and were the first ones to get seats. Deidre and Connor arrived shortly after and the wait was on for the movie to start. The previews didn't even start until well after two, and the movie didn't start until two-twenty. Carter was just about to fall asleep! I whispered "Candy" in his ear and woke him up. I got him a little candy surprise bag and he definitely stayed up after that.

The movie was cute, but I was expecting it to be funnier. But it kept Carter entertained and all of us seated except for a couple potty and popcorn breaks. About ten minutes before it ended Carter announced he wanted to go home. But he hung in there (movie was longer than I expected too). I took the boys home and Noah advised he was hungry. I did a quick inventory and between Chris and me it was decided we'd have Angie's enchiladas again. I just had to get a brick of cream cheese and some green chilies and we'd be set. It only took me a few minutes to run to the store. So I was getting everything prepared and discovered I had no grated cheese to cover the enchiladas with! Chris didn't seem to have enough patience for me to leave him with the four boys again, and talked me into covering the enchiladas with cheese slices instead of two delicious cups of grated monterey jack. Hmph. It wasn't the same as the first time I made them, but they were still delicious.

Cindy picked up her boys awhile after supper and we visited for a bit. I got my stuff ready to go to work on Monday morning. Luckily it was a "Mom" day and I didn't have to take the boys anywhere again. Since Cooper's been waking for long periods in the night, I decided to banish him to the living room again in the playpen. He slept until about five; not bad, but it was too early for me on a workday!

I dozed off and on a little and ended up getting out of bed at seven-thirty. Mom arrived just before eight and I headed out to Tim Horton's for cappucinos and bagels and coffee and brought stuff home for Mom and Carter and headed for work.

It was another good day; I'm getting back in the swing of things. I didn't realize they'd reconnected my email and I already had 130 messages from the previous Monday I worked. It was also the day for the office building Christmas pot-luck lunch. Gimme a "D", Gimme a "U", Gimme an "H". Whaddaya got? DUH!!! I totally forgot. So I was empty-handed for lunch. What a dork. But Kathy came to my rescue and had brought two items so as long as I made the punch for her, I was off the hook. The lunch was awesome and I was so full I needed to take a nap. Not that that was possible!

I had a good afternoon at work. I came home to relieve Mom, and Dad came to pick her up. Chris came home and we had leftover enchiladas for supper. I actually did two scrapbooking layouts in the evening. It's been ages! I'll post them both tomorrow. Very festive and Christmassy. (yes, Christmassy is a word...I discovered that recently).

Anyhoo, it feels good to catch up and document our lives again so we can look back and see what the heck we were up to one day. Now it's Tuesday and I sent my hubby for his flu shot this morning. I have nothing else (that I know of) on the agenda for today. Cooper woke up both of these past two nights, but I ferberized him and it worked. Very well. I went to bed early last night so I slept probably a total of eight hours, with very little disturbance. Awesome. I think we'll decorate for Christmas tonight if I can find where Chris stuffed all the boxes from last year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

It is sooooooooooooooo good to hear from you.

yes, we are home. finally.

Have to go to work this afternoon, and will stay through the performance tonight, but after that, baby. . .watch out!

Good to have you back. Can't wait to see the LOs.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:18:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

p.s. you only SLIGHTLY made me feel guilty for being so busy the past couple of days/weeks.


Wink!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 2:19:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home