Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Tree is UP...

Let's see if it stays that way!

I was a tired little sleepy bird today. Oh yeah, and lazy. This afternoon I did manage to complete another computer project, so the day wasn't a total write-off.

By the way, Cooper walks EVERYWHERE. He can cover a whole room without stopping to hold on to anything. It's very cool. When he gets tired or too excited he bails and plunks on his butt. He still does the occasional faceplant too, but catches himself fairly well. I'm still thinkin' he'll be a full-fledged walker by Christmas.

Chris came home and I did a quick Wal-Mart run for some necessities. Regular and soy milk, baby food, bread, other food items I can't remember. It wasn't tons, 'cause it was "only" sixty-six bucks.

I came home and Chris went out for coffee with Greg. I chatted for a second with Kelly on MSN and her tagline said "Tree Decorating Day...Come on Over for Some Sharing". I figured while Chris was gone it was a perfect time to zip downstairs to grab the tree and some decorations. I had hooked up the webcam so Kelly could see her Godson walking all over the living room. He was being sooooooooo cute putting on a Santa hat all by himself. Did I take a picture? Duh. No. But I took some more video of him walking, and since I had the webcam set up, I set it to take a stop-motion video of the boys and me decorating the tree. So I set it for half an hour, and it takes a picture every five seconds, making it a six-minute video. I should have set it for longer, since I didn't catch the whole event, but it's pretty cool to see it in fast-motion. I'll try to put it on YouTube and post it here. (Okay - here it is...click HERE...but only if you have high-speed; this sucker is hyuge!)

Carter was helping put the decorations on the tree, so there's a particularly populated row of branches about three feet from the floor. How cute is that. I fixed a few but there are still a couple clumps. Cooper kept taking off the ones closest to the floor. I'm hoping he has that out of his system and the tree can remain standing for the next couple weeks. I'm getting in the Christmas spirit now. I might even get some Christmas cards out...we'll see. Of course I seem to get projects for everyone else done except for myself. I know, excuses, excuses. I actually designed our Christmas cards in October and never got around to finishing them and printing them.

Both Carter and Cooper have a cold. Carter has a pretty nasty cough and Cooper is coping well except for when I have to do a booger check. Tomorrow we go to the babysitter for a full-day visit. Kelly and I plan to go for lunch, and I have a hair appointment. It's been seven months since I got my hair done. I was thinking of letting it grow more, but I neeeeeeeeed a haircut. And freshening up the colour will be a good lift too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

Great video. . .you rock! However, it paused at 3:39 -- and wouldn't let me watch any more.

sniff, sniff.....tell Chris "Cute legs!"

hee hee


angie

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:16:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home