Mellykat's Blog!

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

An Arm and a Leg

This morning I packed up the boys to take Cooper for his 12-month immunizations. First I did a drive-by for Chris and Kelly then headed over to my office. Cooper had a double shot. An MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) in the arm and a Prevnar (Pneumococcal) in the leg. What a trooper. He only cried for a second and not even right away when the needles poked him. Just from the pressure of the injection. Then he was fine. A bit clingy to me but he's been that way lately anyway with this cold he and Carter have.

I ran a couple errands with the boys after, then came home and Carter napped. Cooper napped in the Jeep before we came home. I got a call from the doctor's office around quarter after ask if we wanted to come in earlier for Cooper's appointment. Sounded fine with me. So I packed up Cooper again and put him in the Jeep and went back in for Carter. I had to wake him so I plied him with candy to keep him in a good mood. Since he fell asleep before we came home, I had left him in his jacket and hat and plunked him on his bed. All I had to do was slip on his boots and away we went.

We got to the clinic and were whisked in right away to see the doctor. That pretty much NEVER happens! It was a good checkup for Cooper. It was supposed to be a nine-month checkup (which should have been in September) but I found out we weren't placed on the waiting list as I was told we were. Anyhoo, it turned out to be his 12-month appointment and all was well. He looked in all the holes in his head and didn't see anything bad, even with his nasty cold. When he was done with Cooper, he even gave Carter a once-over. He told Carter he was looking in his nose, ears, mouth, etc. for potatoes, or bugs, and whatnot. It was pretty cute. So it was a very positive doctor experience for Carter. He hasn't had a lot of those since he was sick SOOOOOOO much once he had started going to daycare. I'm hoping to keep him good'n'healthy!

We left there and I took the boys downtown to a couple places and picked up a couple more Christmas presents. We came home and I fed the boys supper. Chris came home from work and shortly after I bolted out the door for Bingo. I picked up Mom and away we went. Kelly had gotten called into work so she would just meet us there when she was done.

Well, we didn't win, but of course we had fun. On the way home I had to pick up pull-ups and diapers and I grabbed some snacky foods for Carter for tomorrow when I take him on a big road trip to pick up Chris's brother in Thunder Bay. It will be a brief stopover there before we head back here, but I'm imagining running into Beth somewhere along the way. I'll have to make a Starbuck's run. Maybe that's where I'll find her!

Gee. Now it's midnight and I need to have a shower and put the laundry in the dryer so I have something to wear tomorrow. I haven't done a thing with my hair since I got it done a week ago so I figure it could use a wash by now! Off I go.


Anonymous Lori G said...

Lovin' your new blog header! I envy people who change theirs frequently... I'm just so not creative when it comes to that! :)
Congrats on the great DR visit!

Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:00:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch Cooper - brave boy! Well done! Love Helen

Thursday, December 21, 2006 2:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home