Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, January 07, 2007

I Had No Idea There Would Be An Explosion!

**Don't read this if you have a weak stomach.**

I didn't go to church today (bad, bad girl), but I was fairly productive at home. I emptied, filled and ran the dishwasher, made breakfast for everyone (bacon, cheesy scrambled eggs, golden hashbrowns and toast). After breakfast I emptied the dishwasher again and delegated Chris to refill it with the breakfast stuff. I thought I was out of bathroom cleaner, but I found some Fantastik and made it sparkle.

I went to the basement and sorted a hyuuuuuuuuge mountain of laundry. (Lori Gaudreau, if you're reading this you'd be sooooooo proud of me!) I put aside one of those big clear lawn and garden bags full of clothing to take to the Salvation Army and started filling another. I made a pile of the clothes I was keeping, a pile of the kids' clothes, and a big pile of Chris's clothes. I "instructed" Chris to go through his pile of clothes and discard anything he didn't want. Result: Two big bags of clothes that will be outta here. Now why doesn't it look like I got rid of a bunch of clothes down there?!?!

Cooper fell asleep at some point while I was downstairs. I figured I needed a break (and to warm up!) and I came upstairs and tried to take a nap too. I curled up in my bed with my duvet fluffed up all around me and made a cocoon so hopefully nobody would find me. I never really slept but it was nice to just rest and relax. Chris wondered where the heck I was and unearthed me from my little den.

Chris took his brother to the bus again today - he has a friend picking him up with whom he'll stay until he gets settled into residence.

Supper was easy. I was planning on making spaghetti, which in itself is easy, but I remembered I had leftover sauce in the freezer from the last time I made spaghetti! Yay! But instead of spaghetti, I used macaroni and stirred it right in with the sauce and a bunch of grated cheese. Yum. Carter ate an impressive amount. Cooper hadn't eaten at all. All day. He was starting to freak me out, because he usually eats more than Carter does.

I thought it might have something to do with the tooth that's just starting to cut through his gums! His front top tooth is making an appearance. So I couldn't get him to eat his cereal this morning, any soup at lunch, barely any snacks except for a little piece of Rice Krispie cake. He had no fever or anything, he was just quiet and refusing food. THEN I found out why. He started to get a bit gassy and eventually pooped. I went to change him and it was messier than usual but I got him cleaned up.

The very second I took off the diaper is when the explosion happened. My poor brain didn't know if I should try to catch it or what. Chris couldn't handle it. He had to run, but not before he got me a plastic bag to put the mess in. Then he ran like his ass was on fire outside for some fresh air. I almost fell over laughing when I heard him heaving a little as he bolted. haha. Meanwhile I'm directly in the line of fire!

Finally he stopped pooping and I had everything contained and cleaned the carpet a little where I missed the overflow. A few minutes later I could hear him working on round two. Yikes. This time I waited until I was sure he was done. Containment was way easier this time but it seemed like the whole house smelled of poop.

So at least then I knew what his problem had been all day but I can't think of what might have caused it. He ate immediately and ate some cereal before bed too. As a result of the explosion I had a bit of laundry to do, so I washed a couple loads of clothes and towels.

I coloured my roots and had an awesome hot shower. Extra hot for a couple minutes since I realized I had the washing machine going at the same time. Duh. I dried my hair and I still need to iron it before I go to bed so I don't have to do it in the morning.

So that was the weekend. Weekends sure seem to go faster now that I have to get up and go to work on Monday morning! Here's to another great week at work...

I haven't posted any pictures in awhile; I've been pretty slack with the camera lately but here are a few highlights.

Girls' Night Out - Sabrina, Me, Kelly

Girls' Night Out - Shawna & Shannon

Girls' Night Out - Me, Sabrina, Shawna

Daddy & Carter Sliding at the Park

Carter climbing up for another slide

Carter and Cooper sharing Grandma's Haagen-Dazs!
(Okay, is that cyuuuuuuute or what! - I guess if I want them to
get along I have to keep a good supply of ice cream on hand!)

Sweeeeeeet!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! ROFL! You just took me down memory lane! My middle son (now age 8) was an "exploder" LOL! I can't tell you how many of those exact same experiences I had! Funny how Daddy never deals with those huh?

Monday, January 08, 2007 12:14:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

I didn't laugh out loud until you started describing Chris' reaction. Then, the guffaws began to really come out.

God bless you, my dear. You crack me up.

I'm hoping the laptop will be working tonight. Look for me......

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:04:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a pity I read this before brekky...but you did give a warning LOL! It was worth the laugh! ~ Helen

Monday, January 08, 2007 8:34:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man!!! Definitely ROFL!!! My son (now 9) always 'exploded' when we were out shopping far away from home!

I got such a kick out of hearing this from you - brought back some gross (but funny!!) times! lol

Saturday, January 13, 2007 1:42:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home