Mellykat's Blog!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Oh Yeah, Christmas is Over!

I just realized this evening that my blog still had the look of Christmas to it. So I decided to do something about it with Christy's gorgeous new kit "Berry Mint Chip", available at Butternug Squash Designs.

I opted for no pictures in the header and made it girlie for once. I'm all about my boys, but decided to try something new. For me!

I must be in the mood for pink these days, since I posted my "Mellykit! Add-on Pack" earlier today.

The rest of my week at work went great. It's pretty easy to drop off the boys in the morning. The babysitter greets us at the door and takes the boys upstairs. Very convenient.

Yesterday one of the girls from my office (this woman is an angel, I tell you!) brought me a full meal all prepared for us to have for supper. She did the same for a couple who had a new baby recently so she decided to give me a treat too! It was a yummy cheesy macaroni casserole and a fantabulous salad with chicken, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, a little onion, pea pod pieces and a thick creamy curry dressing. It was incredible. Chris stayed late at work so he ate all the leftovers from Carter and me and Jason. Cooper enjoyed himself too with the macaroni and actually ate more than he threw.

Today was a pretty darned lazy one. Everybody slept through the night and I wasn't summoned from my sweet slumber until after EIGHT-THIRTY this morning! Whee! I fixed breakfast for the boys and proceeded to develop a nasty headache. I took Tylenol and dealt with the headache as best I could. Chris came home at noon and got ready to go fishing with a couple guys from his work and my Dad.

Cooper took a nap, so I did too. My headache subsided a little so I felt more human. Supper was a mishmash of things; whatever I could find in the fridge. I chatted with Angie and Kelly and went to Mom & Dad's house for awhile this evening.

We came home and Cooper was and is still sleeping. Carter is still up due to his late nap (which I cut short to prevent all-night partying). It's after eleven and I'm wide awake. I might just do a little digiscrapping.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your Melly Kit - thank you!

Sunday, January 07, 2007 1:20:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Hey girl. . . and I mean GIRL. . . love the look of the blog. That kit is just toooooooo cute.

Glad you had a good rest of Saturday evening. After I went "away," the laptop crumbled. Mark de-fragged. We'll see.

Cross your fingers......

Angie

p.s Church???

Sunday, January 07, 2007 2:39:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl power!!!!!

WTG Melly the blog face lift is so pretty....love it! ~ Helen

Sunday, January 07, 2007 3:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home