Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, January 08, 2007

The Early Bird...Not So Early!

I got up early this morning. With plenty of time to get myself and the boys ready. I had my face on, hair done, clothes laid out, boys' stuff ready, diaper bag packed, and the boys were still sleeping. Carter woke up on his own and I got him dressed then Cooper finally woke up. Carter had his toast and Cooper had some cereal, then we had to basically fly out the door.

I dropped them off at the babysitter and zoomed to work. Work went well; I'm trying to stick to the "new me" that touches each project of piece of paper just once, getting it off my desk. The new me is no-nonsense and stays away from things or situations that don't involve me. So far I'm liking the new me. I'm more organized and prioritized and after a full week back to work, I can still see my desk. Yay me!

I didn't feel very well today; I had a headache that wouldn't even go away with a couple Midol and a mid-morning snack. Then right on cue, ol' Aunt Flo showed up and punched me in the head. No wonder I had such a rotten headache!

I picked up the boys and headed home. I still didn't feel well and shirked my supper cooking duties. I had to go to Wal-Mart for a few things, including Cooper's 12-month portraits that were ready and waiting. And oh so cute. I'll post them here tomorrow. There are pictures of both boys wearing Santa hats that are just a scream they are so cute.

On the way home I did a drive-thru at McDonald's. It's actually been awhile! I felt a bit better once I got home and ate. Cooper still isn't eating much and had some horrifically stinky gas. Seriously. Worse than his father. And that can be baaaaaaaaad. So I'm thinking he's maybe got a bit of a bug, or he ate something that is still bothering his system. I gave him some cereal before bed to make sure he had enough in his tummy. He went to sleep a little before Carter did, around nine-thirty or so. I had big plans to do some scrapbooking, which didn't happen, but I did manage to do a pretty cute draft of a spa birthday invitation for the daughter of one of my coworkers.

That's about it. Tomorrow is "easy button" day - Mom will be here in the morning so I don't have to haul the boys anywhere. Hopefully another good day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you collected the photos. Will look forward to seeing them on the blog. Been meaning to ask, with the "new you" - how you are coping trying to do everything you were plus now working? How is the transition going? Thinking of you ~ Helen

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 3:02:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home