Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, January 22, 2007

I'm Such a Dork

This morning was pretty good. Everyone slept through the night, but six-thirty came around pretty quickly anyway. I dragged my butt out of bed and started to iron my hair. Cooper got up early and hung out in the bathroom with me. I got him a drink of milk and finished getting ready.

Carter got up shortly after Cooper did, and as soon as I was done primping, I got them both some breakfast. I got them dressed and ready to head out. I took them to the sitter without any issues and got to work with minutes to spare. ::Sigh:: How sweet it is.

I had a good day at work; I'm still trying to tackle projects before they get too comfortable in my in-box and so far it's still working for me. I'm even surprising myself. Some days I feel like I never left my job for a whole year.

At lunchtime I remembered Chris took the leftover stirfry from last night so I didn't need to bring him any lunch. I went to the new dollar store downtown and picked up some giftwrap and assorted stuff. I figured I'd better get something to eat, so I went to Subway for a sub. I ordered a footlong figuring I'd eat half and save the rest for later, but I was hungrier than I thought. I came home to take out the frozen meatloaf I'd prepared last week for supper, and sat down at the computer to eat my supper. Lo and behold, there was Angie. We chatted for the rest of my lunch break, and I ate both halves of my sub. I raced off to work and still had time to spare again. It's so great to live so close to the office!

After work I picked up the boys and came straight home to put the meatloaf in the oven. I called Chris at work to ask him to pick up some potatoes. He seemed to be taking forever, and at five-thirty, my Mom called to ask where we were. DUHHHHHHHHHHHHH! We were supposed to go there for supper! I turned off the oven, where the meatloaf was almost finished cooking. I turned off the stove where I was boiling water for the potatoes Chris was to bring. I got the boys suited up (Cooper had dozed off) and was about to herd them into the Jeep when Chris finally came home. He of course had forgotten too, and I took off with Carter and Cooper. Chris showered and came out in his truck. Since we can drive across the lake, it's no big deal to take two separate vehicles there.

So we had a fantastic supper with Mom and Dad and the Urquharts. Mom made an amazing pasta alfredo with shrimp, a delicious Asian salad, fresh buns and chocolate cake for dessert with both whipping cream and ice cream, and mangoes for a sweet garnish. I pigged out bigtime.

We had a great visit with everyone then we came home. I ditched the boys at home with Chris and bolted for Wal-Mart where I needed to buy pull-ups for nighttime for Carter. Wow. Who'da thunk those things would cost eighty bucks? heehee. I also found a couple shirts for Carter for three and five bucks, and a cute top for myself for nine. Baby cereal and fruit too, and that pretty much added up.

I came home and Carter was in bed. Chris was nearly asleep on the couch and Cooper was ready to crash. I did this scrapbook page of Cooper for the Amazing Digiscrapping Race, Challenge #7. We had to use the sketch below. You can click on the image to enlarge it and to see the credits. It's not quite eleven, but I'm ready to head for bed. Hopefully six-thirty won't seem to get here so quickly tonight!


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think you're a dork. We've had way too many times like that where we forget stuff like that. Your mom's meal sure sounds yummy. I wish I'd been invited! LOL. You've really made me hungry.
Your layout of your future astronaut is so great. He looks so cute in that bucket!! Thank you for sharing.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:44:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

This is definitely, by far, my favorite layout you have EVER done. And, that counts all the phenomenal layouts you have done of my beautiful "germ spreader.'

Yes, I have her cold, now. I'm blessed.

Missed talking last night. Maybe tonight, but I'm sketchy!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 9:53:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a dork!!! - fancy forgetting you were getting a free hassle free dinner - dag! Great LO....you are too clever girlfriend - I am with Angie...one of your best!

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 3:23:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the template

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 3:28:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home