Mellykat's Blog!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Definitely Worth Going Out in the Cold For

It's been a deep-freeze around here lately, and it's not showing any improvement in the forecast until at least next weekend. The past couple days the temperature has been at least minus thirty degrees Celsius. And with the windchill it's been as cold as minus forty-six. Yes, I'm bloody serious.

But nothing could have kept me from venturing out yesterday to go to my facial appointment. That should be a regular occurrence. How sweet it is to be draped in cozy blankets in a warm room with soothing nature sounds and zillions of lotions and massages. Loved it.

I came home and my psycho husband went fishing with some guys from work. Yes. Fishing. Ice fishing of course. In minus forty weather my husband goes fishing. What a nutjob. I mean, they went to someone's ice shack, with a woodstove in it, but still he was mighty cold when he came home. And they didn't catch a single fish. Even the fish are smart enough not to come out of the water!

Last night we just hung out for the evening. Chris came home around seven. I haven't done any scrapping since the last Race layout I did. I really need to take more pictures of the boys. I've been really slacking off this year with the camera.

This morning, (don't even ask me if I went to church) the boys slept in until after eight. I emptied and filled the dishwasher. Mom called just before lunch to invite us to visit. Cindy and family were going to visit too. So I got all our butts in gear and we went to Mom & Dad's house. Mom was making lunch for Dad, and ended up making us all salmon salad sandwiches. Awesome. We all had a good visit.

On our way home, we stopped at M&M to get some chicken wings. We'd been talking about chicken wings for supper when we were at Mom & Dad's and as we arrived at the store, Cindy and family were just pulling out. I picked up some buffalo wings (my favourite) and some seasoned curly-fries and some turkey breasts wrapped in bacon.

The boys were sound asleep when we got home. I carried in Cooper and Chris carried in Carter. Both of them stayed asleep, and after about a half an hour, I crawled in the tent for a nap too. The boys were still asleep when I got up at SIX O'CLOCK! I made sure I woke them up so they wouldn't be up all night. Ummm. It's almost ten and they're still up. Oops.

Anyway, I cooked up the whole package of wings and some curly fries and cooked up some veggies. Turns out Chris HATED the buffalo wings. Carter didn't like them either. I think Cooper might have had a couple bites. The boys all ate their fries and a couple veggies and I pigged out on the wings.

After supper I set the timer on the microwave to remind me to change the channel to watch Desperate Housewives at eight. Damn Superbowl...no good TV on because of it! Sorry football fans - it's not my game. Hockey playoffs, maybe. A good NASCAR race, sure. But football - nope. So I turned the TV to the treehouse channel and watched shows with the kids. Well, they were too busy to watch TV, running around all over, wrestling, etc.

Cooper's latest trick is to try climbing up on the couch. Yikes. He's going to accomplish that on his own very soon. And he's working on tooth #6 - it should be here any day.

Well, now it looks like the boys might be headed for sleep. I'm going to try to finish a layout I've been working on. And it's back to work for me tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the new layout, perfect for the upcoming "holiday". I agree that you definitely have to have a good incentive to venture outside right now - like a meal cooked by someone else! Have a good week at work!

Monday, February 05, 2007 6:55:00 a.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

Love that we got a chance to talk last night. But, I stayed up WAAAAAY too late.

Hope your Monday's going well.

A

Monday, February 05, 2007 10:10:00 a.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

WOW! Lovin' the new look! Ace Melly :) Great blog...your descriptive phrases are hilarious...I cannot believe the temperature - nuts! And Chris goes fishing - nuttier! TFS!

Monday, February 05, 2007 8:30:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home