Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Happy Birthday, Chris!

Today is Chris's 33rd birthday.

In the morning, I brought Chris a coffee and a bagel from Tim Horton's. Of course I gave myself the same treatment. Kelly and I went to the Lodge for lunch. On the way back to work I picked up Chris's (huge) birthday cake. Work went well for the day; preparing for month-end tomorrow.

After work I got home and madly started scrubbing. The bathroom was hideous, the kitchen counter was gruesome, the living room...surprisingly tidy! Obviously the kids had been at the sitter all day!

Chris came home and showered and gave me a hand tidying and getting ready for his birthday party. You couldn't really call it a party. Our house isn't big enough for a party! haha. I had to do a booze run and a Wal-Mart run for mix and chips and stuff. On the way to Wal-Mart I popped in to the dollar store and got a cute 12-foot banner and some little glow sticks for Carter for "camping".

We had Chris's Dad, Grandpa, my parents, my sister's family and Deidre, Greg & Connor over for cake, ice cream and munchies. The kids seemed to have fun checking out the tent and semi-watching a movie in the boys' room. Everyone enjoyed the cake, particularly Chris who got the "big" piece; a corner piece. Of course I was serving the cake and tucked away the other corner for myself. heehee. There was plenty to go around and quite a bit left over, as I had ulteriorly planned...A 9x13 cake would have been enough, but just enough. I bought a "half slab" cake to make sure I could have it for breakfast, lunch and supper tomorrow if I am so inclined!

The boys went to bed a little later than usual, but without incident aside from a few coughs here and there. I really wanted to do some stuff on the computer but I just didn't have it in me to stay up any later. It was a fun time. Here is a picture of Chris. I was trying to get him to give me a "real" smile and here he is about to burst out laughing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Happy Birthday Chris from downunder :)

Wednesday, January 31, 2007 4:57:00 p.m.  
Blogger Helen said...

Scrumptious cake! Where's my corner bit? ;)

Thursday, February 01, 2007 12:26:00 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what happened to the other 2 corners? Are they for breakfast and lunch? LOL! Happy Birthday to Chris!

Friday, February 02, 2007 4:22:00 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swear I left a comment on this thread. . . .ahem. . . .

But, more importantly, I have this message. It's urgent:

"Melany - this is your blog. Update me."

Friday, February 02, 2007 8:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home