Mellykat's Blog!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

A Good Supply of Breasts

If you know me at all, you know I'm not talking about what's in my bra.

It's still sub-arctic around here. I somehow got up and ready and fed the boys and dressed them and myself early today. There was time for a Tim Horton's run. I got myself my FVC and one for the babysitter and Carter too. I also made it to work in time to get a parking space with a plug-in. It's nice to be nice to my vehicle. I've never had any trouble starting it, but I figure it's gotta be easier on all that machinery to not have to get all that cold metal moving!

Work was good. It was a coworker's last day today; her maternity leave has begun, and her due date is fast approaching! Just two weeks from today. The majority of the staff went out for a luncheon in her honour at the Chinese restaurant. I got a ride from one of the other gals, and didn't have to go out and start the Jeep; she has command start. I used to have that, but having a vehicle with remote door locks was a good replacement. Plus the Jeep uses more gas than my previous little car, so idling is more expensive now; I can live without the command start! The Jeep also warms up wayyyyyyyy faster than my little Sunfire did, so that rocks.

Anyhoo, lunch was great and work was good for the rest of the day. Though I was pretty full from lunch and could have used a nap by two o'clock. Yesterday was another coworker's birthday, and since she was in the office today, someone brought a cake. Gotta love those cake parties. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine got sick of all the office celebrations and renounced herself from all the cake parties. But not me, I'll take cake any day, any way!

After work, I brought the boys home and Carter told me he wanted pancakes for supper. That's like pushing the "EASY" button. Chris came home and showered etc. He baked up a couple pairs of waffles for the boys and I blasted off to Wal-Mart for some much-needed items. Diapers - two bags since the sitter ran out and we were about to. We needed some food around here, and we were on our last roll of toilet paper. I managed to keep it under a hundred bucks, but barely.

Then I remembered that the grocery store had chicken breasts on sale for four bucks a pound. I went and bought three multi-packs, as well as some pork tenderloin and apples. Carter is crazy about apples.

I came home and brought in all the loot, then separated all the chicken breasts into snack-size freezer bags. I have 20 of them now; that should last a couple weeks at least!

I spent most of the evening reading online, and now my eyeballs are absolutely fried. Christy has a new kit coming out tomorrow called "Dreams of Spring". How appropriate for my climate is this!? Tomorrow I'll post a layout using the new kit. Now I gotta get these dried up eyeballs to bed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angie said...

well, darn it. left one comment, and it got fried.

Love the entry. I'm with you on the cake parties - however, with only seven staff members, our parties are few and far between.

I hope to find you tonight - after church, of course - have a great day!

A

Wednesday, February 07, 2007 8:25:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home