Mellykat's Blog!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Meds Rock.

Oh the wonder of drugs. One of the girls at work gave me a Robaxacet this morning. It dulled the pain a bit and increased the range of motion in my neck and shoulder a little. It made it bearable to move around and work all day without too much trouble. One thing I avoided was holding the phone with my chin and neck. I had to hold it with my hand since it hurt to bend that way. Of course I do that all the time; maybe that's part of my problem in the first place!

Kelly and I went for lunch and on the way back to work I bought myself a box of Robaxacet. I took two and started to feel much more relief. I'm still a bit stiff but the pain is very minimal. I'll take a couple more before bed and hopefully by morning it will start to work itself out. I feel like the little wooden dudes in the commercials where they take the pins out and they're able to move or dance about. Much better. My sinuses have been acting a bit wonky today - not sure if it's from the meds or if I have a bit of a cold.

Chris did a bit of grocery shopping for me on his way home. I told him I needed ground beef and that I would go get milk and stuff later. He got the ground beef, bread, soy and regular milk. Sweet. I didn't have to go out this evening. So we had meatloaf and potatoes for supper. Boooooooring. But the boys ate it up. I made some vanilla pudding for dessert which was a big hit. Cooper just went to sleep a little while ago. Carter is surfing the net playing games but I think his moments are numbered before he passes out too.

His favourite thing lately is for me to read "Hop on Pop" by Dr. Seuss. He started memorizing it after just a few rounds. Cool. I can't wait 'til he can read it. I hope he learns early like I did when I was little.

Last night I didn't sleep great. I used the shiatsu massager a couple more times and it relaxed the muscles enough to get comfortable but it was still hard to sleep. I'm sure tonight will be much better. I hope everyone else sleeps through the night so I can try to too. I didn't do anymore scrapbooking last night. I really need to take some new pictures of the boys. I borrowed a couple old photo albums from Cindy the other day so I'll try to get some scanning done this weekend so I have some new (old) material.

Edited to add:
I joined a chat at Digiscrapdivas tonight 'cause Lori G. mentioned it on her blog. It was fun, especially comparing notes on the weather; mine was the coldest! Some of them have never heard of a block heater. I always get a kick out of that! Here is the layout I did for the challenge. You can click on the image to enlarge it and see the credits. Now I'm off to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

So Chris can't call you a pain in the neck seeing as you did an a-m-a-z-i-n-g LO of him! I just adore the richness of the reds you are using lately. Such a sweet dedication. Sssooo romantic of you up-and-over! Hope the neck gets better soon, aren't drugs wonderful :)

Monday, February 12, 2007 11:28:00 p.m.  
Blogger Angie said...

This layout is gorgeous. Sweet, sophisticated, and simple. Always the best.

A

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 1:17:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home